About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Queensland
What is required?
- hours per week: 38
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Tuesday, 11 October 2022
About this role: Procurement Specialist
Brunel have an exciting opportunity to join one of our major clients as a Procurement Specialist, working in the oil and gas drilling industry, in Brisbane CBD!
The Procurement Specialist will work for our client in the O&G drilling industry to support their operations across QLD. This will involve submitting RFO's, developing sourcing strategies and tactics based on a deep understanding of the current situation of the business, the business strategy drivers and the local supplier market.
- Ensure procurement strategy supports HSE Policies
- Design and improve with business partners the assigned supply chains, starting with inhouse/outsource choices and (re)designs, the contracting strategy and commercial tactics and post award contract management.
- Build and maintain strong network in the market, being fully aware of supplier developments and opportunities coming up in the market.
- Understand the changes in the business, business drivers and external environment and trigger adjustment of supply chain end to end processes, lead and develop category strategies and negotiate contracts.
- Manage relationships across the end to end supply chain for the assigned categories and ensure that stakeholders understand the intent of the contract and work together to achieve the desired business outcomes.
- Ensure all required material is available to meet schedule per requirements;
- Establish and communicate mid-term and long-term materials procurement and equipment refurbishment outlook, with a focus on long lead items;
- Engage with logistics team for efficient transport of material;
- Liaise with engineering team to ensure that all specified material is catalogued within the system and allocated correctly to job plans & work orders;
- Coordinate defects and warranty claims with vendors and work with Contract Specialists and Contract Holders to effectively manage claims;
- Maintain key rotable equipment stock levels and monitor to ensure that the stock is in line with set requirements to meet operational demand;
- Experience in oil & gas in Drilling preferred
- Rig tender Request for quote process experience is very desirable.
- Good understanding of inventory and materials management;
- Proactive and visible HSE leadership, demonstrating commitment to safety through language, behaviour and actions;
- Excellent problem solving, collaboration, communication, interpersonal, client-service, negotiation and stakeholder-management skills;
- Ability to react and adjust to changing conditions and priorities in a live operation;
- Daily rate Incl Super
- Brisbane CBD Based position
- Mon-Fri 8am-5pm (Work from home hybrid available upon discussion)
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Darren Leavey is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane