About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- hours per week: 54
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Thursday, 22 June 2023
About this role: Procurement Quality Specialist
- The Procurement Quality Specialist ensures effective implementation of COMPANY procurement management systems, Contract agreement and COMPANY specifications during engineering, procurement and construction activities;
- Requires the ability to effectively communicate quality matters at project level and Senior Management;
- Exhibit a high degree of computer literacy, coordination and communication skills;
- Persuasive man-management attributes are essential across all levels of the organization with an ability to establish and maintain open and responsive relationships;
- Applies extensive industry-based experience and knowledge to promote and establish existing systems, processes and procedures within a structured quality framework;
- Manages the implementation of PMT Quality solutions in a timely and cost-effective manner that compliments safety, cost and schedule;
- Managing Quality Surveillance Programs for High Criticality Vendor Procurement Phase.
- Development and implementation of Procurement Quality Surveillance program with frequent reporting to Project Assurance Management and Project Management of Vendor performance;
- Assures that those responsible for the Procurement Surveillance Plan comply with the deliverables of the plan as approved with frequent review of findings & metrics as they apply to Quality;
- Management of COMPANY third party inspection services contract and budget allocation;
- Issuance of a Weekly/Monthly reporting pertaining to procurement Quality performance and highlighting issues that require management involvement for rectification;
- Review vendor documentation inline with project requirements including approval of the final Manufacturing and Fabrication Books;
- Coordination of COMPANY Vendor inspection program inline with approved Audit Program, PIM Schedule and Inspection and test Plans and Project Q Specification for Vendors;
- Review and distribution of Vendor Inspection reports to project personnel and monitors Vendor Punch list exercises and develop and analyze trends;
- Provides technical advice to PMT Engineering, Procurement and Construction on QA/QC;
- Assist PMT in meeting COMPANY expectations, especially, COMPANY Management Systems;
- Responsible for implementing and recording procurement quality surveillance programs, monitoring Contractor performance and review of the Punch List submittals;
- Provides a liaison role between PMT Vendor Inspectors and their effective surveillance and punch list responsibilities;
- Participates in NCR and CAR clearance and investigation of debottlenecking activities to ensure effective resolution and clearance of punches.
- Bachelor or Associates degree in Engineering or Science or agreed equivalent;
- Valid certification IM Lead Auditor Qualification to ISO 9001:2015;
- 15 years experience associated with Quality Assurance and Quality Control executing Major projects including Major fabrication, manufacturing and installation of offshore assets;
- At least 5 Years previous experience managing procurement Quality Surveillance programs, using criticality ratings process and managing TPI inspection attendance;
- Minimum 5 years experience working in the Middle east with prior experience of executing projects for the state of Qatar being a positive;
- Previous experience in purchase and quality surveillance program implementation for long lead Items.
- Good written and verbal English language communication skills;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to influence decisions using presentation, negotiation and facilitation skills;
- Ability to manage development and implementation of Projects Management Systems adapted to Oil & Gas industry;
- Ability to interact with senior leader in COMPANY, and shareholders confidently;
- Requires strong analytical, organizational and planning skills.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 6 Days
- 30 June 2026
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Babu Harishchandra Jadhav is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Babu Harishchandra Jadhav
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha