Vacancy number • PUB406476
Brunel is seeking Process Operators to be part of our clients Operations team that is responsible for the safe and reliable operation of the units and equipment within their facility.
The successful candidate will be required to work on a rotating 12-hour schedule, including overtime as needed. The schedule consists of two-day shifts followed by two-night shifts, with a four-day break before the next day's shift.
About this role
- Maintain effective communications (i.e. shift change, intra-shift team).
- Draw samples as scheduled and test as required.
- Perform routine operating tasks (monitor levels, temperatures, pressures, etc.).
- Transfer chemicals to addition tanks. Monitor and adjust injection rates.
- Report data to be logged to Board Operator.
- Monitor operating areas for abnormal conditions, (i.e. mechanical or process-related).
- Perform equipment care and maintenance as required.
- Perform routine running maintenance.
- Perform basic troubleshooting.
- Assist with major equipment switches.
- Perform housekeeping and operational maintenance as assigned by the Shift Team Lead.
- Perform maintenance activities as required.
- Train in all aspects of emergency responsiveness, including fire-fighting, and responding when necessary.
- Progress through the PBP Production Technician levels as per CBA.
- Attend/participate in shift team meetings.
- Maintain current knowledge of ongoing operational/equipment status, through effective shift change communications, shift logs, etc.
- Add entries to “outside” shift log.\\Record units process readings and test results.
- Prepare and issue cold work permits as required (if qualified).
- Update/review/validate procedures.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing operations environment
- Chemical Engineering or Process Engineering Technology diploma
- Minimum Fourth-Class Stationary Engineering certification, with preference given to those with higher certification
- Demonstrated safety-consciousness.
- Must have the physical capabilities to safely perform all essential aspects/responsibilities of an operator’s position, including effective emergency response
- Demonstrated problem-solving/analytical skills
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License
- Must possess a positive attitude, be a self-starter with a willingness to become an integral part of a process Shift Team that functions in a dynamic environment
- As a condition of continued employment, the successful applicant must progress through the PBP Technician levels as per the CBA and achieve certification as a Second-Class Stationary Engineer
- DZ class license would be preferred
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Mining, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Cherie Taylor quoting publication number: PUB406476