About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Saudi Arabia
What is required?
- hours per week: 48
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Thursday, 1 June 2023
About this role: Process Modeling Engineer
- Apply process modeling expertise to support R&D projects throughout the technology development process, from concept to commercialization;
- Utilize state-of-the-art modeling tools and simulation software to support process design and optimization, scaling up of technologies from R&D into deployment;
- Create innovative process configurations that enhance the competitiveness of R&D projects;
- Support R&D teams to optimize process design and reduce capital cost;
- Conduct techno-economic analysis and benchmarking of R&D projects against commercial technologies;
- Analyze the carbon footprint and energy intensity of new and existing refining and petrochemical processes; and suggest process improvements to reduce the carbon footprint and enhance energy efficiency;
- Find creative solutions to technical problems, both working individually and within a team;
- Liaise with business stakeholder and engineering teams within Company.
- Master degree in Chemical Engineering, a PhD degree is preferred;
- At least 10 years of experience in the refining and/or petrochemicals industries, including at least five years in process modeling and techno-economic assessment;
- Highly proficient in chemical process modeling using Aspen Plus and/or Aspen HYSYS;
- Experienced in refinery and petrochemical flowsheeting (PFD and P&ID), and equipment sizing and capital cost estimation;
- Highly skilled in developing mass and energy balances using various analytical techniques and calculation methods;
- Knowledgeable about standard refining and petrochemical processes (e.g. fluid catalytic cracking, hydrocracking, reforming), and utilities processes;
- Proven ability to conduct detailed techno-economic assessments of R&D projects;
- Experience with R&D projects, process development, lifecycle analysis, and/or scale up is a plus;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the capability to work effectively across multiple functional departments.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Suresh Jogi is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UAE Dubai