About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, 9 July 2023
About this role: Piping & Valves Engineer
Brunel are looking for a highly skilled Piping & Valves Engineer to join one of our major global clients within their project teams;
Start date: July
Location: Milan, Italy
Duration: 12 Months
As a Piping and Valves Engineer you Will be Carrying out the Following:
- Assure the Piping & Valves discipline issuance, review, and approval of around 2,000 technical documents;
- Ensure all Project HSE requirements are adhered to and implemented. Ensure HSE is emphasized throughout all Mechanical design activities. Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed;
- Perform the review of detailed engineering works related to, but not necessarily limited to, Piping, Layout, Valves (deliverables both from the Contractor and the Vendors) in compliance with Project Scope of Work, Specifications and Procedures, discipline requirements and international codes;
- Perform or supervise the review of piping stress and vibrations studies;
- Identify any deviation from the Project Basis of Requirements and reporting these to the Lead Piping & Valves Engineer;
- Offer technical support to the replies to Contractor and Vendors clarifications and derogations requests;
- Participate, in coordination, with others to the Inspection and Tests Plans (ITP) and FAT preparation and execution. To attend meetings / FATs with Vendors where necessary.
You are Right for This Role if:
- Degree in appropriate Engineering discipline;
- Registration as a Charted Engineer, PE or equivalent preferred;
- Proficient in English language;
- Eight (8) or more years’ experience in Oil and Gas and large projects;
- Good understanding of the design and operation of Piping and Valves on a large-scale LNG plant. Strong knowledge of Stress analysis and Vibration assessments;
- Specific experience in the design and selection of Cryogenic components, including Valves/ Actuators, HIPPS and Vessel / Heat Exchanger interfaces;
- Previous experience pertaining to Engineering deliverables, such as, Piping Design Philosophy, Plot Plans, Layout Drawings, 3D Model, Piping and Valve Specifications, MTO, Piping supports and hangers, Acoustic and Flow induced vibration analysis, Thermal and Mechanical stress analysis, Piping SP Items Data Sheets, Mechanical material handling report and Technical Bid Analysis;
- Supervisory experience related to plant and project engineering with increasing size and responsibility.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ben Callander is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester