About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Victoria
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Tuesday, 18 July 2023
About this role: Pipeline Lead
Our global Oil & Gas client is seeking a Pipeline Lead Engineer to work on their pipeline designs for CO2 and alternate fuels.
Brunel Australasia are currently partnering with one of worlds premier petroleum and petrochemical companies. They have a great reputation for creating a safety-focused culture.
Low Carbon Solutions Project Support - Pipeline design and repurposement for hydrocarbons, CO2 and alternative fuels.
Ensure all project information related to design, procurement and construction is accurate and timely, meets the relevant standards and specifications and is made available to the project team in line with the required schedule.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure design packages are transmitted by the Engineering Contractor to enable the timely planning, contracting and efficient field execution.
- Ensure applicable engineering standards and practices are followed on all project work.
- Provide engineering assistance to the project planner and estimator on questions related to Pipeline materials, scope definition, and construction activity planning.
- Apply appropriate Value Improving Practices (VIPs), gather and apply lessons learned, best practices. Ensure designs support clients Environmental Stewardship intents
- Oil & Gas industry experience is required.
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree in civil or mechanical Engineering or related engineering specialty, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with the engineering, design and construction of Oil & Gas pipeline systems including pipeline anchor blocks, pipeline crossings and pipeline tie-ins.
- Full working knowledge of the industry accepted current pipeline engineering software for engineering and design.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- The ability to read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communication
- All candidates must have full Australian work rights to be considered
- Offshore based role out of Melbourne VIC
- 12hr days Monday- Friday
- 12 month contract (potential to be extended)
- 2 Week on 2 week off roster
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Darren Leavey is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane