About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Bengaluru
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Thursday, 27 October 2022
About this role: Pipeline Engineer
We’re hiring Pipeline Engineer for one of our Leading MNC in Oil and Gas to join their growing team. This position is based out in Bangalore.
- Execute and/or steward pipeline & riser design/ engineering activities as a part of project development (concept, FEED) and execution.
- Develop scope of works, design philosophies & criteria from life cycle perspective covering system design, routing using GIS & other tools, pipe sizing / hydraulics, wall thickness, material selection, stability
- Spanning/on-bottom roughness, local & global buckling/walking, installation analysis, pigging strategy/philosophies, piggability studies, pre-commissioning & commissioning, design & constructability reviews and inter-discipline interfaces.
- Be a part of or support green/brownfield project teams with technical reviews of deliverables (e.g. design basis & philosophy, survey reports & maps, technical specifications, analysis reports, drawings, vendor deliverables, etc.) and participation in technical safety review workshops (e.g. HAZID/HAZOP, risk assessments, design/constructability, EIA, Oil Spill Scenarios, etc.), while leveraging Company’s global practices as well as industry codes & standards
- Work closely with other disciplines e.g. Materials Integrity, Operations, Static Equipment, Subsea and Flow Assurance to contribute technically to overall system design and integrity related assessments including data analytics
- Field visits to project locations, vendor premises, production units
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree from a recognized university in Mechanical / Civil / Materials / Marine Engineering or related disciplines with minimum GPA 7.0
- Strong listening, verbal & written communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with ability to mentor others and work with globally diverse business teams
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in oil and gas pipeline engineering with either operating company, pipeline engineering design contractor or Pipeline Project EPCI contractor
- Pipeline Engineering experience in Oil and Gas Industry with strong expertise in offshore and onshore pipeline systems
- Should have work experiences to demonstrate expertise in below :
- Leadership behaviors/capabilities (e.g. leading teams, mentoring/coaching others, etc.)
- Onshore and Offshore/Deepwater pipeline/riser system design and/or integrity related codes, standards and recommended practices
- Strong analytical skills in performing technical analysis and applying good engineering judgement for business decisions related to offshore & onshore pipeline system life cycle
- Hands-on experience in using pipeline & riser related software, FEA & programming tools e.g. DNV Suite, PRCI OBS/Toolbox, SageProfile 3D, Orcaflex, Abaqus, VB/Python scripting, MathCAD/Matlab, etc.
- Familiarity with PODS & GIS related tools
- Knowledge of Onshore Pipeline Engineering; Offshore Pipeline Engineering; Deepwater Pipelines; Risers; Umbilical; Flexible Pipe; Pipeline Installation; Pipeline Pre-commissioning is preferred
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100+ offices across 40+ countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel India Private Limited, a subsidiary of Brunel Holding Group Company (Brunel Intl. N.V.) a registered company in the Netherlands with over 12,000+ specialists in 100+ offices across 40+ countries. The Energy Division of Brunel Group comprehensively provides manpower services for Oil & Gas (Upstream, Downstream), Renewables, Power, Mining & Resources, Civil Engineering, Automotive, Rail, Life Sciences, Finance, Legal and ICT. Our core services are Contract Hire, Direct Hire, Offshore Recruitment and Pay Rolling services for major OPCs and EPCs contractors.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Pravallika Mohankumar is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy India Mumbai