About this job
- Market: Infrastructure
- Branch: Public & Civil
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Brisbane
What is required?
- hours per week: 38
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Saturday, 15 April 2023
About this role: Package Delivery Manager
Brunel has partnered with a leading organization dedicated to decarbonization, growth agendas and developing a portfolio of projects based on the production of renewable hydrogen, ammonia, minerals, and other value-added products. This business has identified the opportunity to develop a green ammonia facility at Gibson Island, Brisbane, through the construction of a hydrogen production facility and refurbishment of an existing gas-based ammonia production facility.
As such they have engaged Brunel to assist with the search and select of a Package Delivery Manager (Civil)
As the Package Delivery Manager, you will be accountable for the design and construction delivery of assigned packages ensuring the work undertaken by the contractor or vendor meets the project expectations on safety, quality, technical compliance, cost, and schedule.
Reporting to the Project Delivery Manager, the Package Delivery Manager shall proactively manage design and construction interfaces and mitigate issues ensuring seamless package integration into the overall project, including working with the Engineering, Approvals, Construction, Contracts, and Procurement teams.
- Contractor and vendor package management during feasibility, detailed design, execution, commissioning, and start-up phases.
- Ensure approval requirements are appropriately incorporated into the design and where required develop strategies for delivery to avoid approval and/or procurement delays to program.
- Manage design and construction interfaces between Vendors, Contractors, and third parties to achieve an agreeable outcome.
- Manage package risks and identify mitigation measures/strategies to minimize cost, program, quality, and safety risk.
- When required, ensure the change control process is followed, and estimate the cost and schedule impact of the change.
- Collaboration with the Contracts and Procurement team to provide budget allocations for packages of work and assess potential change orders and variations.
- Participate in contract tender evaluations.
- Support development of cost estimate for final investment decision.
- Contribute to building a frugal cost-conscious attitude throughout the project team including cost-effective designs, cost monitoring, and delivery of the package to approved budgets.
As a Package Delivery Manager, the following qualifications, knowledge, skills, and experience are desirable;
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or equivalent
- 15+ years’ experience in project engineering, package management, or project management, from feasibility studies, engineering, construction, commissioning, and start-up for projects over $100 million.
- Experience in hydrogen production facilities (not essential).
- Advanced skills in the management of engineering contractors, construction, and specialized packages for a multi-discipline green field project.
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to problem-solve effectively.
- Strong analytical, literacy, and numerical skills.
- Advanced knowledge in the use of Excel software.
- Good understanding of planning, scheduling, and project controls.
- Strong understanding of project reporting regimes and inputs to weekly and monthly reports.
- Right to work in Australia.
On offer is the chance to gain exposure to one of the countries green energy project, excellent day rates and a close and collaborative team of global experts
So if you're a highly experienced Package Delivery Manager with a passion for decarbonization and green initiatives, we encourage you to apply for the Package Delivery Manager position
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world.
We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
perating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.How to apply
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Tim Chapman is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane