About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Bengaluru
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Thursday, 27 October 2022
About this role: Operations Geology- Pore Pressure Prediction
We’re hiring Operations Geology- Pore Pressure Prediction and Site Investigation Specialist for one of our Leading MNC in Oil and Gas to join their growing team. This position is based out in Bangalore.
Pore Pressure Prediction Specialist Responsibilities:
- Candidates will conduct applied project work integrating petrophysical data, basin modeling results, mudlogging, drilling mechanics, and geophysical data into assessments of pore pressure and stress state both pre- and post-drilling and at scales ranging from wellbore specific to basin wide.
- Integrating offset well drilling results with geophysical data and the prospect geology to develop wellbore specific pre-drill pressure prognoses appropriate for drill well planning.
- Develop sub-regional scale 3D models of pore pressure and minimum stress to support multi-well development or production drilling operations
- Where possible, leverage basin-scale pore pressure interpretation broadly to impact hydrocarbon systems assessment, trap/seal constraints
Site Investigation Specialist Responsibilities:
- Assist in site-survey design, specification of appropriate field acquisition and data processing technologies, quality standards, and deliverables.
- Compiling interpretive results into a Shallow Drilling Hazards Evaluation or Geohazards Assessment report, with supporting figures and maps.
- Supervise preparation of contract geohazard interpretations and reports
- Work with geotechnical and drilling engineers to design effective mooring and foundation (drillwell and production facility) plans
- Recommend alternate drillwell surface locations as necessary to mitigate high-risk geohazards; recommend need for jetting or drilling structural casing, pilot hole drilling, top-hole logging, weighted drilling mud, and shallow casing setting depths.
- Bachelors, Master’s or PhD from a recognized university in Geology, Geophysics, Engineering or Physics; candidates with a Bachelor’s degree will be considered depending on relevant industry experience.
- A minimum of five years industry experience in either Pore Pressure or Site Investigation
- Pore Pressure Prediction: Candidate to have hands-on industry experience in pressure prediction and surveillance. Relevant academic research and/or hands-on industry experience in areas of hydrogeologic concepts, hydrocarbon systems analysis, drill well operations, mudlogging data interpretation and geophysical data analyses will be an advantage
- Site investigation: Candidate to have seismic interpretation and mapping skills with a wide variety of marine engineering geophysical systems including single-beam/multi-beam echo sounder, side-scan sonar, and subbottom profiler. Experience with geophysical workstation-based 2D high-resolution and 3D seismic interpretation and mapping skills.
- A working knowledge of Petrel, Kingdom Suite, RockDoc; Fledermaus, SonarWiz and ArcGIS will be helpful.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100+ offices across 40+ countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel India Private Limited, a subsidiary of Brunel Holding Group Company (Brunel Intl. N.V.) a registered company in the Netherlands with over 12,000+ specialists in 100+ offices across 40+ countries. The Energy Division of Brunel Group comprehensively provides manpower services for Oil & Gas (Upstream, Downstream), Renewables, Power, Mining & Resources, Civil Engineering, Automotive, Rail, Life Sciences, Finance, Legal and ICT. Our core services are Contract Hire, Direct Hire, Offshore Recruitment and Pay Rolling services for major OPCs and EPCs contractors.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Pravallika Mohankumar is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy India Mumbai