About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: India
What is required?
- hours per week: 50
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, 24 October 2022
About this role: Noise & Vibration Engineer
Position: Noise and Vibration Engineer
Location : Bangalore
Shift : Open for any shift
Job Role Summary
This role is to provide experienced engineering expertise and leadership in the management of noise and vibration. The Noise and Vibration Engineer will be located in Bengaluru Technology Centre (BTC), India, and will provide Noise and Vibration engineering support to ExxonMobil facilities globally.
- Provide technical consulting support for engineered design and construction of noise control equipment, prediction of noise from multisource facilities as well as troubleshooting existing noise issues and concerns in both the work place and at the property line.
- Provide technical consulting support to evaluate fixed equipment vibrations to determine integrity/fatigue life and provide recommendations to mitigate to acceptable reliability.
- Perform engineering design reviews and contractor surveillance in the noise and vibrations disciplines in support of global and regional projects.
- Assist in development and maintenance of company design guides, specifications, and standards in noise and vibrations.
- Perform Hydraulic Surge analysis on piping systems to identify high pressures/forces and develop mitigation options
- Participate in Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) for piping and fixed equipment
- Participate in or lead Regional and Global technical networks and action teams
- B.S. (or higher) degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the evaluation and/or design for noise and vibration through having:
- Proficiency in computer aided linear dynamic analysis and Eigen value assessments on piping and fixed equipment (e.g. Caesar II dynamics, Autopipe, Ansys, Abaqus, or Solid works)
- Knowledge of electro-acoustic (instrumentation, meters, microphones, amplifiers, etc.) and multichannel data acquisition systems for the measurement of stress, pressure and vibrations. Ability to process, summarize and communicate results and findings from measurements. Experience in taking field measurements.
- Basic knowledge of ASME pressure vessel and piping codes.
- Basic knowledge of noise propagation and noise control treatments
- Must be highly proactive (e.g., does not wait to be engaged)
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and verbal/written communication skills
- Prefer professional experience within an operating company, major engineering contractor, or vendor (petrochemical or other heavy industry experience strongly desired)
- Willing and able to travel domestically & internationally as required
- Flexible to work in shifts
- Preferred Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
- In depth knowledge of noise controls and their components in relation to their design, application, and fabrication. Current with the latest noise control technologies.
- Experience in managing the facility noise design of multisource plants and specifying requirements/mitigations to meet requirements.
- Basic knowledge of Industry standards related to noise measurement and characterization (ISO, IEC, ASA, or VDI).
- Proficiency in computer aided surge analysis programs (e.g. Bos Fluids, PipeNet, or AFT Impulse)
- Candidates who have demonstrated experience in/with:
- Familiar with industry standards for pressure vessels (ASME VIII), and Piping (ASME B31.3 and ASME B31.1)
- Application of risk based assessments, root cause analysis, and development of equipment strategies and mitigation plans.
- Design Specifications for fixed, rotating, or fired equipment
- Installation, turnaround, and maintenance of fixed, rotating, or fired equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and stakeholders
- Able to effectively build business cases for technology application
- Communicate effectively and function in a team environment to gain alignment on best path forward
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel CommunityBrunel India Private Limited, a subsidiary of Brunel Holding Group Company (Brunel Intl. N.V.) a registered company in the Netherlands with over 12,000+ specialists in 100+ offices across 40+ countries. The Energy Division of Brunel Group comprehensively provides manpower services for Oil & Gas (Upstream, Downstream), Renewables, Power, Mining & Resources, Civil Engineering, Automotive, Rail, Life Sciences, Finance, Legal and ICT. Our core services are Contract Hire, Direct Hire, Offshore Recruitment and PayRolling services for major OPCs and EPCs contractors. Today, we've grown into a global service provider with an annual turnover of close to 1 billion and were listed on Euronext Amsterdam NV and included in the Amsterdam Small Cap Index (AScX).
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Shruti Darji is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy India Mumbai