About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- hours per week: 54
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, 10 December 2023
About this role: NDT (Non-Destructive Testing) Lead
- To provide non-destructive testing expertise across all Projects,
- To supervise COMPANY MP NDT Inspectors across all Projects / Packages to ensure that NDT activities are conducted in a proper and consistent manner, as NDT is a Key activity for integrity of assets delivered to COMPANY FOPS.
- To implement the COMPANY Technical Referential and applicable local and international codes,
- To assist Projects in the execution of the FEED, detailed engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, transportation and offshore installation works,
- To interface with Engineering and Construction Department in particular with the Technical Reference Person (TRP) for the management of Deviation impacting COMPANY Technical Referential,
- Liaise with E&C department and Welding TRP to ensure regular updates of COMPANY Standards with regards to NDT subjects in accordance with International Codes, best practices, granted deviations and ascertain a “fit-for-purpose” requirement,
- Support the COMPANY PML (Preferred Manufacturer List) update and extension by ensuring the capability of New Manufacturers in term of NDT.
- Promote & comply with applicable safety instructions and other COMPANY HSE procedures in all activities,
- Carry out work in compliance with COMPANY values and policies, relevant laws and regulations, agreed COMPANY priorities and objectives, COMPANY standards and procedures and good industry practices,
- To treat all information obtained during course of the work with confidentiality,
- To participate in the different Contractors and Critical Vendors Kick Of Meetings and Pre-Inspection Meetings,
- Regular Site missions to review and audit NDT activities across all Projects / Packages to ensure that NDT activities are conducted in a compliant and consistent manner, and assist NDT when required.
- To be involved in the Surveillance and Inspection activities,
- To review and validate the Non-Destructive Testing Procedures and method statement guidelines,
- To participate in the qualification of PAUT, TOfD and Pipeline AUT system,
- To participate in the NDT operators qualification / testing,
- To review and approve NDT related Documentation using COMPANY EDMS
- To promote Quality in the Projects and provide Quality and Technical advice,
- To participate in the resolutions of the Technical Queries, Deviations Requests, NCRs and Concessions Requests,
- To lead investigations of significant Quality failures with regards to NDT,
- To participate to qualification/assessment/technical audits over Contractors and Vendors,
- To provide weekly & monthly status reports including KPI’s to Head Projects QA/QC,
- To participate in the Project Close Out,
- To issue any lesson learnt, Quality Feed Back Notice or Feedbacks affecting Non Destructive Testing.
- Required Certifications (under validity):
- ISO 9712 (COFREND or equivalent): RT Level III – Radiography, industrial conventional and computerized
- ISO 9712 (COFREND or equivalent): UT Level III – Conventional Ultrasonic Testing
- ISO 9712 (COFREND or equivalent): UT / ToFD Level III – Ultrasonic Time of Flight Diffraction Testing
- ISO 9712 (RTC or equivalent): UT / PAUT Level III – Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing
- ISO 9712 (COFREND or equivalent): PT Level III – Penetrant Testing
- ISO 9712 (COFREND or equivalent): MT Level III – Magnetic Testing
- ISO 9712 (COFREND or equivalent): VT Level III – Indirect Visual Testing
- Following additional Qualifications would be a plus:
- Ultrasonic Conventional Characterization of flaw
- Advanced Guide Waves Ultrasonic
- Interpretation of Radiography Particular Imaging Ir192
- Professional Experience (number of years): 15 in a similar position. Project experience required on subsea systems (including pipeline) and offshore platforms in the Oil and Gas Industry. Familiar with automatic welding and PAUT system is a must.
- Must be familiar and at ease with ASME, API, DNV, AWS, ASTM, NACE and ISO standards.
- Good sense of team spirit leadership, peer leadership, strong interpersonal & soft communication skills.
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment, fluent in English.
- H2S OPITO and T-BOSIET trainings.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 6 Days
- 31-DEC-2025 with possible extension
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Chirag Bhatt is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha