About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Mining
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Wyoming
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, 17 July 2023
About this role: Mining Engineering Manager
Brunel is currently searching for an Engineering Manager for direct hire with our client at a mine site located in Wyoming approximately 2 hours Northeast of Salt Lake City.
This position will be responsible for life of mine plans, budgeting, geological services, environmental compliance, permitting, etc. They will ensure the engineering plans support the safe and co-efficient operation of this surface mine site. The Engineering Manager will be responsible to mentor and develop the engineering team of 6 direct report, 6 indirect reports.
- Responsible for short range mine plans for the purpose of government reports, budgets, forecasts, cost comparisons and mine objectives.
- Ensure geological model, pit design, equipment selection, production scheduling and reclamation plan meet the mine objectives.
- Prepare and review relevant Acquisition for Expenditures (AFE) and feasibility studies.
- Prepare annual capital and operating budgets.
- Ensure the changes in environment and safety legislation, regulations, policies and guidelines are reviewed and updated at the mine site.
- Ensure the mine meets the criteria set out by regulatory stakeholders such as WY-DEQ, BLM, Royalty Holders, MSHA, OSM, etc.
- Ensure the engineering department adheres to Safety, Health and Environment guidelines.
- Prepare permits and mine license applications.
- Manager customer relations within the Coal Supply Agreements.
- Assist in land management, special projects and economic evaluations.
- Ensure all personnel are properly trained in all aspects of safety and engineering functions within the department.
- A Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Geology or environmental.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer, Professional Geologist, or Professional Land Surveyor preferred.
- Seasoned engineering management experience within a mining environment.
- Six or more years of proven leadership experience. Looking for strong leader.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with their teams.
- Client and results oriented, knows that delivering on promises is the basis of a great relationship and partnership.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced mine setting and dynamic company culture.
- Problem solver and analytical, capable of seeing both the big picture and the fine details to support the project and our clients.
- Comfortable with building and improving processes and best practices.
- Advanced computer and software skills including the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet and electronic presentation programs
- Ability to travel when necessary.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer without the need for sponsorship.
- Must be willing to work on-site at engineering offices and mine site in Wyoming.
Relocation package, competitive compensation package, full health care package, 5% 401K match, annual bonus percentage.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Surface mine site
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cindy King is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Detroit