About this job
- Market: Life Sciences & Health Care
- Branch: Pharmaceutical
- Area of Expertise: Clinical
- Location: Ontario
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Master +
- Closing date: Tuesday, 11 July 2023
About this role: Medical Science Liaison
Medical Science LiaisonQuebec and Atlantic, Canada
We are currently hiring a Medical Science Liaison for our client Eli Lilly. Lilly is one of the top 10 largest pharmaceutical companies in the world and has remained dedicated to creating medicines that help improve people’s quality of life for more than 135 years.
The MSL will be responsible for the territory of Quebec and Atlantic, Canada and will serve The MSL will serve as a scientific resource for Canadian experts in the field of Oncology and related disorders. This is an exciting opportunity to shape the future of healthcare with information that addresses important clinical and scientific questions.
- Responsible for responding to requests for in depth, cutting edge scientific information from the medical community in the field of oncology including the latest scientific literature, the latest research from major scientific conferences, updates on Lilly’s educational activities and Lilly’s pipeline research activities
- Gather feedback and insight from Scientific Experts and Thought Leaders to better inform Lilly’s research and overall strategic direction
- Ensure that activities are compliant with all applicable guidelines, Rules and Regulations for Conducting Research, IMC Code of Conduct, the Eli Lilly Canada Policy on the Promotion of Pharmaceutical Products and Ethical Interactions with Health Care Providers, and other prevailing regulations/codes that may pertain to their work in the future
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial, peer-to-peer relationships with the scientific community
- Effectively communicate with Scientific Experts and Thought Leaders with up-to-date scientific knowledge and provide services that meet their needs
- Continually enhance scientific knowledge
- Support the affiliate medical business objectives and cross-functional partner
- Advanced degree in health sciences (PhD, MD, Pharm D) with 2-3 years of relevant clinical or therapeutic experience in Oncology. OR MSc in health care/professional designation (BScN, PT, RD etc.) considered if 5 or more years of relevant clinical experience in Oncology
- OR previous MSL experience and sound knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
- Previous Medical Science Liaison experience
- Significant clinical or research work in area of Oncology
- Intellectual curiosity and intelligence about the field of Oncology
- Ability to critically appraise scientific information / literature
- Strong presentation skills including the ability to comprehend large amounts of scientific content which is then communicated in a clear concise fashion
- Demonstrated ability to build strong/collaborative peer-to-peer relationships with external customers
- Familiarity with academic community & medical research
- Significant direct experience servicing customer needs for complex information
- Experience professional networking w/ positive mutually beneficial outcome
- Strong teamwork & interpersonal skills including an ability to work effectively w/ internal colleagues & cross-functional team member
- Strong project management skills w/ an ability to work within teams prioritize key projects & medical tactics
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cristiano Forezli is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary