About this job
- Market: Life Sciences & Health Care
- Branch: Pharmaceutical
- Area of Expertise: Clinical
- Location: Canada
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Master +
- Closing date: Monday, 12 June 2023
About this role: Medical Science Liaison
Medical Science LiaisonImmunology | Gastroenterology
IntroductionWe are currently hiring a Medical Science Liaison, Immunology and Gastroenterology, for our client, Eli Lilly, based in Ontario. The MSL will be responsible for responding to requests for in-depth, cutting-edge scientific information from the medical community in the autoimmune field including the latest scientific literature, the latest research from major scientific conferences, updates on Lilly’s educational activities, and Lilly’s pipeline research activities. The MSL has the opportunity to shape the future of healthcare with information that addresses important clinical and scientific questions.
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial, peer-to-peer relationships with the scientific community
- Perform customer-facing activities to develop relationships with external customers including scientific experts, researchers, educators, and clinical investigators
- Serve as a major representative of Lilly for these healthcare professionals, providing deep and advanced disease state and product information as well as facilitating the work of the scientific expert when it aligns with Lilly's mission
- Connect thought leaders and scientific experts with other Lilly resources (e.g., Discovery, Real World Evidence Scientists, Clinical Research Physicians, and Global/Canadian External Research & Development)
- Effectively communicate with Scientific Experts and Thought Leaders with up-to-date scientific knowledge and provide services that meet their needs.
- Respond in a timely way to personal or electronic inquiries with any available information which may include reprints or posters, medical letters, literature citations, access to internal and external experts, slides, and other teaching-related material.
- Continually enhance scientific knowledge
- Maintain technical expertise within a therapeutic area to engage in scientific discussions with scientific experts
- Engage in continuous learning within the therapeutic area they represent
- Attend appropriate scientific meetings, conduct routine literature searches, and will be expected to communicate regularly with each other to assure that the entire group benefits from individual learning whenever it is relevant
- Support the affiliate medical business objectives and cross-functional partner
- Responsible for interfacing with the scientific expert and Lilly resources/internal business partners such as Clinical Research Physicians, Medical Information Associates, Medical Education, Corporate Affairs, and Marketing as requested by the expert
- Report the clinical insights and unanswered customer questions they have received from the scientific experts to the medical and brand teams
- Understand and effectively utilize approved resources to fulfill administrative, procedural, and legal requirements in order to address the customer needs and support internal Lilly business
- Advanced degree in health sciences (PhD, MD, Pharm D) with 2-3 years of relevant clinical or therapeutic experience in Immunology.
- OR MSc in health care/professional designation (BScN, PT, RD etc.) considered if 5 or more years of relevant clinical experience in Immunology.
- OR previous MSL experience and sound knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
- Previous Medical Science Liaison experience
- Significant clinical or research work in the areas of autoimmune diseases including Immunology – Gastroenterology
- Intellectual curiosity and intelligence about the field of immunology/autoimmune disorders
- Ability to critically appraise scientific information / literature
- Strong presentation skills including the ability to comprehend large amounts of scientific content, which is then communicated in a clear, concise fashion
- Demonstrated ability to build strong/collaborative peer-to-peer relationships with external customers
- Familiarity with the academic community and medical research
- Significant direct experience in servicing customer needs for complex information
- Experience in professional networking with positive mutually beneficial outcome
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills including an ability to work effectively with internal colleagues and cross-functional team member
- Strong project management skills with an ability to work within teams to prioritize key projects and medical tactics
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cristiano Forezli is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary