About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Australia
What is required?
- hours per week: 84
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Wednesday, 14 June 2023
About this role: Material Superintendent
Brunel Papua New Guinea are seeking a Material Superintendent to work with one of the largest energy companies in the world, who have assets in Oil & Gas, LNG and Renewable energy. This will be on an exciting new project to give you a long term challenge.
Reporting into the RSES and you will always act in the best interests of our client, whilst adhering to Company and Affiliate Policies.
Demonstrate personal commitment to HSSE and to the values and principles of the Code of Conduct. Maintain and safeguard confidential files, documents, and records as they relate to Company operations.
The purpose of the Material Superintendent is to ensure overseeing the management of materials at Base including shipping, receiving, handling, warehousing and other activities as requested by management.
Activities of the role:
- Implements all necessary processes to ensure that all equipment and materials are available on time, in proper working condition and have passed the necessary QA/QC requirements
- Manages and ensures QA/QC requirements are appliedIn liaison with warehouse team, defines inspection requirements for stock equipment
- Ensures that all equipment and materials stored at Base camp are managed correctly (stored, lifted, returned, inspected, assembled, tested etc.)
- Ensures that appropriate handling and packing is provided for the preparation of baskets and containers used for the transfer of all material/equipment required on the operational sites, with an emphasis on the application of safe systems and methods
- Ensures correct coordination and interface with Company representatives on other operational sites (e.g., drilling pads) for all equipment/material requirements on a short- and medium-term basis
- Coordinates the purchase and delivery of materials and supplies needed for Base camp
- Determines aircraft priority and issues uplift manifests for Drilling, Logistics and Construction equipment on operational sites
- Follows up the inventory for Company owned and rental equipment from Contractors
- Participates in the permit to work meetings
- Guarantees that routine operations are covered by specific procedures
Methods & Reporting
- Prepares and maintains (ensure valid) Logistics QA/QC procedures
- Reports any anomaly in the process to the end user. Ensures corrective measures are proposed and implemented
- Attends and contributes to Service Quality Meetings
- Participates in all handling operations
- Prepares weekly & monthly reports and any other ad-hoc reports when requested by the management
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Logistics discipline or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years Oil & Gas industry experience in Logistics and Drilling capacity
- A strong expertise in the Material/ Logistic discipline
- Good level of interpersonal and communications skills
- Good reporting skills
- Fluent in written & Spoken English
- Fully conversant with relevant legislation, Company Rules (Referential), and best practices.
FIFO Assignment therefore all relevant FIFO benefits for successful applicant. Rotational (six by six weeks rotation), 12 hours per day.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel CommunityBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Papua New Guinea. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract or permanent.Operating in Papua New Guinea since 2008, Brunel has their major bases in Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Wilfred Kochannek is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane