About this job
- Market: Life Sciences & Health Care
- Branch: Pharmaceutical
- Area of Expertise: Medical
- Location: Ontario
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, 24 October 2022
About this role: Manager, Internal Communications
We are currently hiring a Manager, Internal Communications for our client, a global pharmaceutical and life sciences company and one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. The company is known for its global contribution in areas including pharmaceuticals, consumer healthcare products. Our client offers the broadest range of vaccines in the world, providing protection against a wide array of bacterial and viral diseases.
This position for an experienced candidate who will develop and execute (mainly) internal communications plans to support corporate strategy, priorities, programs, and activities. A key goal for the short and medium term will be helping to build a cohesive and united team, given the huge amount of organizational change and new hires expected in 2022-23. A considerable part of the job involves managing, coordinating, and prioritizing information flowing from various parts of the company: Global, North America region, Canadian senior leadership, business units, key functions such as HR, and strategic activities such as Corporate Social Responsibility and Inclusion, Equity and Diversity. Strong knowledge of company structure, priorities, networks, and communication tools (existing and potential) is critical to success.
- Develop and implement communications plans that incorporate global and regional company priorities and Canadian-specific goals
- Create engaging content (written texts, presentations, visuals) to support these plans; or guide and supervise external vendors in content creation
- Manage, coordinate, and communicate Global and Regional flow of information from various sources (Global, US, HR and other functions, Employee Resource Groups), balancing priorities, resources, and the needs of the Canadian audience
- Organize and run internal online and in-person events with multiple speakers and topics (town halls, Q&A sessions)
- Publish to and manage key internal channels, ex., Yammer, Scala, Zoom
- Maintain the company intranet (SharePoint-based), ensuring that all information is up to date
- Act as coordinator of the corporate website, serve as back-up for simple publishing (Magnolia platform) and managing incoming messages via “Contact Us”
- Help manage department budget (oversee PO creation, payment of invoices)
- Review translated materials for internal communications to employees
- Degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field
- A minimum of five years’ experience in communications
- Highly proficient written communication skills in English; strong knowledge of spoken and written French (basic proofreading skills in French)
- Practical knowledge of digital platforms and social media
- Knowledge graphic/visual design
- A high level of initiative and the ability to balance multiple assignments at once (ability to prioritize and stick to goals)
- A collaborative, open-minded and flexible personality, ability to connect with people across teams
- Know or be trained on Yammer, SharePoint, Magnolia (website), Scala
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Angelina Brathwaite is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto