About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Energy Power Plants
- Area of Expertise: Operations & Maintenance
- Location: Alberta
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Secondary School
- Closing date: Monday, 17 October 2022
About this role: Manager Farm Solutions
We are currently hiring a Manager Farm Solutions for our client, who is an Energy based company. The company produces oil and natural gas and strives to advance production optimization, new production opportunities on existing lands, and is looking to grow through acquisitions.
This role will work on site at a multi-use site with existing infrastructure in place including a full-scale water treatment plant, and an industrial scale landfill.
- Providing end to end farm solutions including expertise in growing, operations and farm management
- Becoming an expert in the operation of vertical farming technology and continuously seeking best practices for an on-farm operations
- Incorporating your growing knowledge and research into on farm solutions to increase predictability and efficiency
- Keeping current on industry developments and incorporating new knowledge
- Managing and building the farm solutions team to provide world class remote and onsite support to farmers including hiring, training, and supervision
- Leading a culture of continuous improvement
- Maintaining safe work practices at all times
- 8+ years’ experience in horticulture, agronomy, or a related field
- Work experience and proven success record in business operations and leading teams
- Experience with Hazard Awareness, GPP, GMP, Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) systems would be a strong asset.
- An understanding of the industry supporting the agriculture sector to source third party involvement
- Strong organizational skills having successfully managed multiple employees and teams
- Knowledge of local, provincial, and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances, and legislation
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Must have a valid driver’s license and able to legally work in Canada
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ksenia Mosends is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary