About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, 16 April 2023
About this role: Lead Piping Engineer
Our client, a High-Profile Global Organisation within the Energy Sector, has a exciting contract opportunity for a highly skilled Lead Piping Engineer to work within one of their Project Teams Start date:April
Contract length: 12 MonthsLocation: Milan
What you Will be Doing:
- Assure the Piping & Valves discipline issuance, review, and approval of around 2,000 technical documents;
- Ensure all Project HSE requirements are adhered to and implemented Ensure HSE is emphasized throughout all Mechanical design activities Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed;
- Perform the review of detailed engineering works related to, but not necessarily limited to, Piping, Layout, Valves (deliverables both from the Contractor and the Vendors) in compliance with Project Scope of Work, Specifications and Procedures, discipline requirements and international codes;
- Perform or supervise the review of piping stress and vibrations studies ;
- Identify any deviation from the Project Basis of Requirements and reporting these to the Mechanical Engineering Manager;
- Offer technical support to the replies to Contractor and Vendors clarifications and derogations requests;
- Participate, in coordination, with others to the Inspection and Tests Plans (ITP) and FAT preparation and execution To attend meetings / FATs with Vendors where necessary.
This Role is for you:
- Degree in appropriate Engineering discipline;
- Registration as a Charted Engineer, PE or equivalent preferred;
- Proficient in English language;
- Eight (8) or more years’ experience in Oil and Gas and large projects;
- Good understanding of the design and operation of Piping and Valves on a large-scale LNG plant Strong knowledge of Stress analysis and Vibration assessments;
- Specific experience in the design and selection of Cryogenic components, including Valves/ Actuators, HIPPS and Vessel / Heat Exchanger interfaces;
- Previous experience pertaining to Engineering deliverables, such as, Piping Design Philosophy, Plot Plans, Layout Drawings, 3D Model, Piping and Valve Specifications, MTO, Piping supports and hangers, Acoustic and Flow induced vibration analysis, Thermal and Mechanical stress analysis, Piping SP Items Data Sheets, Mechanical material handling report and Technical Bid Analysis;
- Supervisory experience related to plant and project engineering with increasing size and responsibility.
This contract offers a competitive rate
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ben Callander is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester