About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Renewable Energy
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, 1 May 2023
About this role: Lead Mechanical Project Engineer - Rail
Join one of the world's leading companies in the global energy transition, in their mission to develop a portfolio of renewable energy and green hydrogen projects. We are seeking a Lead Mechanical Project Engineer for the Infinity Train project, which is set to revolutionize the green industrial transport sector. The project will harness gravitational energy and utilize regenerative battery electric technology to remove reliance on charging infrastructure.
- Lead the management of an engineering team through all ‘mechanical engineering’ aspects of the product development of an all-new rolling stock solution for the Infinity Train project
- Assist the Project Manager with the safe delivery of project on schedule, to budget and to specification
- Stakeholder management of internal and external stakeholders which include internal FFI personal, contractors, consultants, and the broader Fortescue family
- Drive schedule improvements to reduce delivery timeframes safely
- Deliver cost and capital effective solutions to improve the project’s capital intensity whilst delivering the projects scope on time and within budget safely
- Provide effective and strategic reporting and communications of project performance on a regular basis
- Demonstrated experience to deliver unique projects safely and on time.
- Providing regular updates, to the Senior Project Manager
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering
- Project experience including the delivery of 'systems engineering’ projects
- Experience with rollingstock projects and/or in a product development environment would be highly advantageous
- Experience managing multiple contractor groups
- Experience with project budgeting and cost control
- OEM experience highly regarded
- Ability to successfully engage internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- High commitment to safety
- Excellent interpersonal awareness with ability to lead and motivate teams
- Proactive and self-motivated, with a drive for excellence
- Results-driven, responsible, and accountable
- Ability to manage under pressure and adapt quickly to change
- Great problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
In addition to the above qualifications, candidates must bring a flexible mindset, challenge traditional thinking, and be prepared to work outside of their comfort zone.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel CommunityBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Daniela Nelson is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth