About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Kuwait
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Tuesday, 31 October 2023
About this role: Lead Design Engineer - Civil or Structural
Our Client, one of the largest PMC is currently recruiting for Lead Design Engineer - Civil or Structural for their long-term PMC Contract under the major projects based in Kuwait. Candidates with PMC experience in oil and gas projects / EPC / consulting organization, with a good knowledge of international codes and standards, can apply for these roles.
- To ensure that structural design integrity is not compromised while managing the structural department in the execution of the process;
- Lead all design /drafting activities relating to own discipline on assigned asset.
- Overall supervision of structural engineers;
- Structural design integrity of work scope and maintenance of standards;
- Identify structural software necessary to enable structural group to function effectively;
- Manage structural engineering design and any design changes within budget and schedule;
- Technical supervision of project designated structural designers and draftsmen in the execution of their duties;
- Quality Assurance – Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the BU, etc;
- Safety – Responsible for personal safety safe working practices for the BU, etc. Understand and follow OH&S procedures;
- Cost / budget KPIs for design work;
- Ensure that the level of design work is appropriate for the complexity of the construction tasks, achieving a good balance between design costs and implementation costs;
- Evidence of feedback from supervisors and/or superintendents that constructability issues are addressed adequately in design and that work packs contain sufficient detail with no unnecessary content;
- Allocate design / drafting work to team members. Ensure that within assigned team, personnel work within their competencies and with appropriate supervision;
- To act as Design Master Controller (DMC). To manage design documentation and drawings (Structural) for there Asset as per WEL procedures;
- Conduct site investigations, prepare reports.
- Advanced engineering detail drafting and checking;
- Advanced structural detail drafting;
- Create 2D drawings using computer aided design system;
- Create 3D drawings using computer aided design system;
- Participate in, lead and facilitate work teams.
- Engineering Degree;
- Minimum 12 years total experience;
- Minimum 8 years experience in oil; & gas, refinery, or petrochemical industry;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in related designation / specialty;
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience in software for the specialty;
- Must have minimum 1 year of experience with company in similar position.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Wasim Hassan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Kuwait