About this job
- Market: Services
- Branch: IT & Telecom
- Area of Expertise: Software Development & Application Management
- Location: Calgary
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Saturday, 15 October 2022
About this role: Java Developer
We’re hiring a Software Developer for our client to join their leading and growing team. This is an exciting full-time permanent opportunity to utilize your design and development expertise, take a creative approach to problem solving, and to collaborate with a skilled team.
- Leverage your experience and collaboration skills to contribute to design and re-architecting discussions, identify and execute POCs to research and evaluate solution options, develop solutions, and deliver results
- Provide efficient support and troubleshoot problems both internally and externally
- Develop clean, high-quality code and become an expert on various platform components
- Review code and designs to improve solutions
- Work collaboratively and mentor fellow developers
- Minimum 4 years of software development experience
- Expertise in Java and related technologies (Spring, JMX, JNDI, JDBC)
- Experience in designing highly scalable and reliable systems that have a high volume of transactions, from conception to research, POC, design, development, and delivery
- Experience consuming, producing, and designing RESTful web services
- Experience working in source code management tools, such as GIT or SVG
- Development experience with:
- Web application containers, such as Tomcat, WebSphere, Jetty
- Persistence frameworks, such as Hibernate and MyBatis
- Relational databases, such as DB2, SQL Server, MySQL
- Operating systems Linux or Unix
- Strong application of software engineering fundamentals, including data structures, design patterns, testing, and debugging
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and apply to work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A positive, collaborative, and cooperative attitude
- Post-secondary education in Engineering or Computer Science
Nice to haves:
- Experience profiling applications to troubleshoot issues, monitoring system performance (CPU, memory, processes, threads, network, etc.)
- Experience with solutions utilizing microservices architecture (container and orchestration technology), event streams (message bus, queues), API gateway, and scalable databases, such as Kubernetes, Docker, ESB, JMS, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, No SQL databases, Azure API Management
- Experience with technologies for clustering and load balancing
- Experience re-architecting and transitioning monolithic architecture to newer versions of the system to improve reliability and scalability
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Gultchan Chevket is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto