About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Calgary
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, 18 November 2022
About this role: IO Business Analyst
We are currently hiring an IO Business Analyst for our client. The IO Business Analyst will assist in the documentation of requirements, end-to-end business process design, business process flows, data governance process, specifications, and some hands-on system support as part of the Integrated Operations (IO) Program. The IO Business Analyst is responsible for documenting the solution requirements, end-to-end process design and desk procedures down to level 3. This includes working with the business experts to facilitate, gather, document and track project requirements, scope, and final design.
This position requires someone who can understand both the big picture and detailed requirements and act as the go to person for business process documentation, business procedures, business standards and requirement explanation. The Business Analyst should be able to understand how the requirements map to the technical solution and end user training documentation.
Some field travel will be expected (less than 10% of time) and will be conducted in strict adherence to corporate and government COVID-19 regulations and guidelines.
- Conduct business analysis activities to support the implementation of an IO Program
- Collaborate with business owners, end users, and Subject Matter Experts across the organization to gather and document business requirements
- Gathers business requirements through a variety of techniques (e.g. work sessions and interviews) and facilitates design workshops.
- Participate in and assist in leading workshops to collect and clarify knowledge of participants (primarily in a remote “Microsoft TEAMS” workshop)
- Clarify and elaborate on requirements when they are ambiguous, change, or conflict with other business requirements
- Review system design approaches to ensure they fully meet the business requirements and align with business process requirements
- Develop business process maps, narratives, use cases and data flow diagrams in close collaboration with Business stakeholders
- Write use cases, business rules, and other artifacts such as swim lane diagrams and activity flow diagrams to effectively articulate and represent business processes, desired outcomes, and requirements
- Produce key documents, both in written and presentation format.
- Enhance business process and data governance standards, templates, procedures and training materials
- Contribute to User Requirement Specifications development
- Train Business Process Owners and Data Stewards on business process management and data governance
- Excellent problem solver with the ability to keep many driving factors and requirements in focus
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to independently schedule and conduct meeting with customers at various locations throughout the organization
- Strong communication and documentation skills, ability to communicate and interact at management and junior levels
- Consistent attention to detail
- Overall high degree of professionalism
- Willingness to provide hands on system support as required by the program, creating digital forms etc.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5+ years of Business Analyst experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in the Oil and Gas industry with field operations. Experience in an integrated operations environment a plus.
- Knowledge of business process analysis and/or re-engineering using various methodologies such as agile and lean methodologies
- Strong knowledge of process flow diagraming techniques such as Swim Lanes, SIPOC, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and analysis skills, planning, organizational proficiency, and good business judgment.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ksenia Mosends is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary