About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Schiedam
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, 3 April 2023
About this role: Instrument Engineer
Our client, a High-Profile Global Organisation within the Energy Sector, has a exciting contract opportunity for a highly skilled Instrument Engineer to work within one of their Project Teams.
Contract duration: 12 months
What you Will be Doing:
- Continuously consider cost, constructability, operability and maintainability;
- Assist in developing a project specific system design with all associated documentation (philosophies, layouts, specifications, datasheets, block diagrams, Cause & Effect diagrams, etc, etc);
- Act as package engineer for instrument packages and work in close cooperation with Supply Chain to perform technical bid evaluations;
- Together with the Lead designer manage the flow of information to remote teams to enable them to prepare Specifications, Bid reviews, Layouts, Cable Block diagrams, Termination diagrams, Loop diagrams, Hook-up diagrams, Mounting details, Cable list, Junction box list, Bulk MTOs for Cables, Cable glands and Hook-up materials;
- Review vendor data and ensure package units are properly integrated and/or interfaced;
- Ensure that interfaces with other disciplines (mainly electrical, piping and process) are consistent and aligned;
- Review documents prepared by sub-contractors to ensure quality and consistency;
- Ensure that the system is fully in line with the Regulatory regime, Classification requirements, SBM standards and Client requirements.
You are Right for This Role if:
- 10 years of experience;
- Mandatory Offshore experience in Instrumentation Design in the Oil & Gas industry;
- FPSO experience is a plus;
- Experience with package interfaces;
- Experience with managing remote teams;
- Professional communication in English (verbal and written);
- Conversant with MS Office applications; willingness to travel;
- University or Technical College (BSc degree).
This contract offers a competitive rate
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ben Callander is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester