About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Tuesday, 28 March 2023
About this role: HSE Specialist – Environment and Quarantine
On behalf of our client, one of the world's leading integrated energy companies, Brunel are currently seeking for an expeienced HSE Specialist with a focus on Environment and Quarantine
The successful candidate will support the implementation of a Quarantine Management System (QMS) on Barrow Island, ensuring compliance with regulatory and QMS requirements.
- Support implementation of the Barrow Island Quarantine Management System (QMS) to ensure compliance with Ministerial conditions and QMS requirement
- Monitor the performance of the QMS with the objective of continuously improving the QMS in terms of effectiveness and operational excellenc
- Manage procedural deviations and non-conformances, monitor trends and patterns, conduct verification inspections and validation activities to ensure compliance with QMS requirements and drive improvement in quarantine performance
- Support marine vessel and ad hoc aircraft mobilisations to ensure compliance with regulatory and QMS requirements
- Support the approvals process for Quarantine Management Plans to ensure alignment with the QMSrequirements
- Strong project management and stakeholder engagement skills are essential
- Tertiary qualification in environmental science or related discipline
- At least 10 years relevant work experience
- Experience with the practical implementation of quarantine practices relating to managementplans/management systems
- Technical expertise related to quarantine operations and system
- Understanding of Australian Biosecurity requirements and the Chevron Quarantine Management System beneficial but not essential
- Previous experience in building and maintaining positive working relationships with contractors/business partners and internal and external stakeholder
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- 12 month contract opportunity (initially)
- Flexible work arrangements
- Perth based
- Competitive rates
- Work with a lead Oil & Gas operator
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel CommunityBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Yamila Cabral is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth