About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Tuesday, 4 April 2023
About this role: HSE Specialist 2:2 - Casual leave cover
On behalf of our client, one of the world's leading integrated energy companies, we are currently seeking for an experienced Health and Safety (HSE) Specialist to join HSE team on a casual basis to provide leave cover for their field based HSE teams across Gorgon & Wheatstone LNG Plants, the Wheatstone Platform, and WA Oil.
It is important that all applicants understand they must be available to work across all school holiday periods and that this position is not a full-time rotational role.
In addition to providing casual leave cover to base operations HSE teams - campaign based HSE support for major capital projects, brownfields projects, turnaround events, drilling/well maintenance activities, and offshore/sub-sea support vessels may also be offered as part of this role.
After an initial 3-4 week training & site-familiarisation period the successful candidate can expect to be rostered on for leave cover gaps and/or campaign work on a 3 month lookahead basis.
- Provide generalist field-based health and safety services to all site-based execution teams includingproduction, maintenance, supply chain, projects, and turnaround.
- Lead and/or assist with permitting, risk assessments, investigations, assurance, verification, actionmanagement, and emergency response exercise activities.
- Coach workforce and site-leadership with respect to fatality prevention, human and organisationalperformance, process safety management, environmental stewardship, and safe and respectful behaviours.
- Experience in health & safety or as a frontline production or maintenance technician within the oiland gas industry.
- Available to work across all school holiday periods
- MSIC & TBOSIET certificates.
- Demonstrated ability to provide sound technical and risk-based advice on safety and health risks (desirable)
- 12 month contract
- Excellent daily rates
- Casual cover
- 2 weeks on & 2 weeks off
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Yamila Cabral is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth