About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: United Arab Emirates
What is required?
- hours per week: 48
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Saturday, 22 October 2022
About this role: HSE Specialist - Offshore
- Act as Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) and Emergency Response focal point for all activities being conducted on Offshore facility;
- Facilitate and / or provide technical guidance on Risk Assessment and Incident Investigation processes;
- Lead or participate in investigation and risk assessment sessions when required by the Offshore Installation Manager (OIM);
- Ensure the HSE Management System is fully implemented offshore and monitor compliance;
- Review and identify improvements to HSE procedures and methods of working to reflect good industry practice offshore;
- Ensure that performance standards and maintenance of safety critical equipment assigned to Operations HSE department are achieved;
- Ensure Emergency Response systems are effective by coordinating with the Operations and Marine Specialists.
- Provide technical and expert support to the OIM during emergencies;
- Lead or participate in HSE inspections and compliance audits and provide overall statistical data to monitor compliance;
- Act as Site Lead Radiation Safety Officer;
- Monitor and report HSE performance and propose improvement plans after data analysis. Issue weekly and monthly HSE reports as per the HSE Management System requirements;
- Responsible for the Behavior Based Safety Programme “STAR” (Stop, Talk, Agree, Review) on site;
- Act as secretary of the Site HSE committee, prepare relevant HSE presentation, and extract data from Company HSE data software to present relevant HSE information to Offshore Leadership Team (OLT);
- Follow-up on all relevant HSE actions whether they are directly assigned to them or not;
- Ensure controls of the Integrated Safe System of Work (ISSOW) are fully implemented on offshore installation;
- Deliver HSE training in line with the HSE training matrix as required by the Training department;
- Develop specific HSE campaign for the site, and roll-out HSE campaigns developed at Company level;
- Promote HSE Accident, Near Miss and Hazardous Situation reporting, and ensure reported, classified and investigated as per HSE Incident Reporting, Classification and Investigation procedures. Participate in incident review panels as required.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree required;
- External certification of safety expertise preferred: e.g. NEBOSH or certificate, other safety diploma requiring testing;
- 10+ years’ experience in environmental, safety or health fields, primary focus safety;
- Offshore operations experience essential;
- Experience in Risk Assessments and Incident Investigation essential;
- Previous experience as Radiation Safety Officer an advantage;
- Experience in Well intervention operations would be advantageous.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Suresh Jogi is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UAE Dubai