About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Western Australia
What is required?
- hours per week: 1
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Saturday, 22 October 2022
About this role: HSE or Law Intern
Career advancement opportunity for Interns to join the O&G sector with an industry leader.
On behalf of our client, a Global High Profile Service Provider to the Oil & Gas industry, Brunel is looking for a HSE or Law Intern for work in Perth.
This internship will be available in Perth, WA (covering Australia, Papua New Guinea, New Zealand and East Timor).
As an intern, you will engage in practical activities assisting the HSE team with ongoing projects to ensure they run smoothly and efficiently.
The HSE intern is responsible for supporting the local HSE team in continuously improving the work site’s Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) culture.
Reporting directly to the HSE Team Leader, your tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Support the HSE team in:
- Developing managers’ awareness and ensuring HSE policies and standards are integral to line management responsibilities and objectives.
- Monitoring HSE objectives (compliance to policies, standards, and procedures, audits and self-audits) using the HSE management system.
- Assessing local risks.
- Generating and digitalizing local HSE procedures, work instructions and checklists.
You may be assigned other duties in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or company.
There are several characteristics that successful HSE Interns share. We’re looking for people who have:
- Theoretical understanding of HSE principles
- Strong interpersonal skills with well-developed verbal and written English communication skills
- Efficient time management practices
- Demonstrates a solid collaborative nature in working alongside the HSE team
- Resilience under pressure and ability to identify priorities
- The ability to work autonomously, self-manage and use initiative
- The will to engage in challenges faced by the team with a “can-do” attitude
- Residence in Perth, WA and have the right to live and work in Australia
- Law, or working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in commerce with a Law major (or similar)
- Health, Safety, Environment, Occupational Health, or working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Occupational Health, consider applying.
Ideally, we are looking for someone available for 2.5 - 3 days per week or more. However, there is room for flexibility as we can accommodate varying university schedules and exam periods.
Based on performance, there is the opportunity for you to be offered a graduate position within HSE team following the successful completion of your degree.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sneha Poranki is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth