Vacancy number • PUB406486
HSE Professional looking for something new to kick your 2024 off right? Look no further.
Our client, a Tier 2 Private Builder, are searching for a HSE Coordinator to join their team in Brisbane.
The projects you will be working on span across a range of industries including: Social Housing, Healthcare, Education, Office, Mixed Use Commercial and Hospitality. This encompasses new-build, refurbishment and remediation projects ranging in value from $5m - $100m.
Safety is a key priority across sites on all projects. Ingrained processes and procedures built across 30+ years of operation alongside the values of trust and mutual respect built amongst the teams allows for simple upholding of the safety culture.
Some more key points for the job include:
- $120k - $160k + dependent on experience
- Emphasis on promoting from within with focus on training & development
- Working for a builder with a secure pipeline and one the best cultures in QLD
About this role
As a Safety Advisor, you will play a pivotal role in safeguarding the health and safety of site teams ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.
- Ensuring compliance with safety regulations and standards.
- Developing and implementing safety plans tailored to each project.
- Conducting regular site audits to identify and mitigate safety hazards, documenting findings, and recommending corrective actions.
- Having a strong influence on and being able to manage a diverse range of people.
- Leading safety meetings to foster a culture of safety awareness, discuss concerns, and reinforce safety protocols.
- Investigating accidents, near-misses, and safety violations, and providing recommendations to prevent future incidents.
- Maintaining accurate records of safety inspections, incident reports, training sessions, and safety-related communication.
- Minimum Cert IV in Workplace Health and Safety or equivalent
- Proven experience in safety advisory within the commercial construction industry.
- In-depth knowledge of Australian safety regulations.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to conduct risk assessments and develop effective safety strategies.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A commitment to promoting a positive safety culture.
- Strong pipeline providing stability in a long-term position
- Exciting projects throughout Brisbane
- Support system through HSE Manager and team of H&S coordinators
- Emphasis on Work / Life balance
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Mining, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Sinead Howard quoting publication number: PUB406486