Head of Transportation and Installation Engineering
Vacancy number • PUB406523
- “One Team” project organization accountable and responsible for effective and efficient delivery of the various scopes in Compression development
- While position may report to the Compression Project Shared Services Transportation and Installation Division Manager, position is accountable and responsible to EPC Leadership for safe and successful execution of respective T&I scopes to meet EPC and overall project objectives
About this role
- Provide full function T&I engineering to EPC teams to ensure each of the EPC meet objectives - including all aspects of T&I engineering, marine warranty requirements, procedural compliance, execution safety and integrity and project execution effectiveness and efficiency
- Provide core technical and execution expertise to ensure consistent and quality application of T&I systems, processes, and procedures for all T&I engineering scope
- Provide demonstrable technical competency and experience to advise, make recommendations and decisions as the Project Focal Point for T&I engineering regarding transportation and installation engineering analysis and requirements including load-out, sea fastening, transportation and installation analysis, methods and procedures, heavy lifts and float-over.
- Provide knowledge and experienced technical input to engineering designs and installation procedures
- Manage the delivery of all Transport and Installation engineering scope based on Contractor installation vessels and barges in accordance with agreed schedule and budget.
- Manage the review of transportation and installation analysis, methods and procedures from engineering perspective such as heavy lifts, jacket launches, topside float-overs, pipeline, cable, umbilical, crossings, post installed risers including stalk-ons, free-span correction, pilling, load out, float on, float off, trenching, burial, beach pull, transpooling and others
- Provide inputs and validate CP topside float-over and transportation engineering including design of LMUs, DSUs, float-over operations, jacket and vessel fendering (sway/surge), etc.
- Support an effective interface with COMPANY/CONTRACTOR Engineering discipline leads to ensure the installation engineering input are reviewed and captured within the project design and relevant installation procedures.
- Manage MWS approval of CONTRACTOR’s T&I engineering deliverables
- Monitors performance through surveillance and analytics of T&I scope – perform necessary assessments, identify opportunities for improvements, application of lessons learned
- Enable effective and efficient resource acquisition, deployment and utilization of T&I engineering teams supporting all EPC teams
- Provide engineering support during offshore installation phase in a timely manner
- Preferred Engineering Degree or relevant on the job experience
- Extensive project management experience in a senior leadership and supervisory role
- Required to have offshore survival certificate and be able to pass an offshore medical evaluation.
- OPITO certification is considered a plus.
- Recommended 20+ years of experience with at least 10-15 years demonstrated T&I project management experience
- Experience managing multiple T&I engineering and execution aspects including offshore heavy lifts, pipeline, and cable installations, load-out and transportation
- Experience with float-over installation is preferred
- Worldwide experience with contractors in particular those involved in the Offshore projects
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 30 April 2027, renewable
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Mining, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Dhirendra Singh quoting publication number: PUB406523