Head of Project Controls – Process
Vacancy number • PUB406512
- Deliver most effective Project Controls techniques / approaches on project schedule, progress, cost and change management through timely execution of key Project Controls activities and ensure compliance to Company / Project requirements.
- Operates in a multi-cultural, multinational environment, which requires professional conduct and proper office protocol.
- Understand the key project drivers, define roles and responsibilities, develop communication protocols, identify, develop and implement Project Controls procedures for planning/scheduling/cost control; identify elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims, communicate and influence across the PMT organization to ensure delivery of project within the agreed timeframe.
- Major challenges are (1) completing detailed assessments of project controls, cost, schedule, progress and recovery/rectification plans, in short deadlines and a high pressure environment and (2) developing and sustaining relationships with EPC Contractor Project Controls personnel throughout project execution to ensure Company is provided with timely and the best available information to aid decision making.
About this role
- Provide management and technical direction for all facets of the division (scheduling, planning, reporting, change order cost estimating and cost engineering) by establishing a set of project control procedures, guidelines and flow charts to suit project requirements and needs to support management decision making process.
- Develop Project Controls-related plans / procedures / deliverables, including Project Controls Plan, Estimate Basis Memorandum, Estimate Confidence Pack, Gate 3/4/5 cost and schedule estimate deliverables, etc.
- Lead project control activities and responsible for ensuring effective project control systems are executed by the Contractor and sub-contractor organizations, with particular emphasis on schedule management, planning and progress monitoring, recommend modifications to management to ensure Company and PMT standards and requirements are met.
- Coordinate the collecting, consolidating, analyzing and reporting all project cost and schedule, control, trend and progress measurement information to ensure overall project status is assessed and potential problem areas identified. Produces cost estimates on the project as requested by Project Leadership.
- Monitor Contractor’s performance and progress in areas of project controls, scheduling, reporting, progress monitoring and cost estimating assessing any discrepancies and reverting to Contractor for clarifications/corrections. Establishes and maintains appropriate planning systems, fully integrated, and appropriate for the project.
- Review project changes and evaluate any schedule and/or cost impact; responsible for incorporating the effect and impact of approved changes into overall cost and schedule stewardship and reporting.
- Review invoices and other project commercial / financial document for compliance and completeness, liaise with the Contractors / Suppliers / Third party and the Accounts Payable Department in the resolution of queries and disputes.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Business related subject.
- 15 years’ overall experience in a major project environment within the oil and gas industry, with exposure in business management including project controls, cost and schedule development, tender preparation and contract management.
- Expertise in using Primavera software for EPC schedule development.
- Prior experience of at least 7 years supervising multi discipline and multi-cultural teams as a head role for mega projects.
- Planning / Scheduling expert using Primavera software (schedule WBS, level 3 / Level 4 project schedule development / integration, resources loading, quantitative schedule risk analysis, etc).
- Knowledgeable on EPC progress measurement system (progress reporting, progress calculation, weigh factors, rule of credits, quantity/hour tracking, productivity, etc).
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 31 Dec 2026, renewable
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Mining, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Namitha Sambhram Aivalli quoting publication number: PUB406512