Head of Materials & Preservation
Vacancy number • PUB406610
- Provide front line safety and technical leadership. Ensuring safe effective and efficient execution of site material management activities in accordance with the project schedule and compliance to quality and technical standards.
- Supporting the EPC Contractor Area Leadership team. Ensuring EPC Contractor manages activities within assigned area safely and efficiently.
About this role
- Providing visible safety leadership and care for people across Company and Contractor/Sub-Contractor organizations.
- Ensure Contractor procedures are compliant to Qatar Energy LNG minimum standards and agree contractual terms and conditions.
- Provide technical guidance to the Contractor and Company teams.
- Establish/maintain relationships, communications and coordination with contractor and company functional teams (safety, quality, construction, commissioning, engineering, business etc).
- Ensure effectiveness of Contractor material management process and systems.
- Review and monitor site receiving and overage shortage and damage reports ensuring actions are transferred by Contractor procurement team.
- Oversight of surplus and material return process.
- Ensure Contractor receives and tracks spare parts commissioning spares etc
- Confirm any spares and specialist tools to be handed to company are tracked and handover process is followed.
- Support Contractor movement of materials to / from storage/laydown and fabrication to ensure alignment with construction sequence and schedule.
- Ensure Contractor preservation process and system is operational, preservation activities are identified and completed in compliance with manufacturers and/or Contractor’s requirements.
- Review of Contractor weekly, monthly reports, responsible for close out of Company site material management actions
- Perform reviews and audits to assess the effectiveness of the Contractors procedures processes and systems.
- Ensure Contractor complies with waste management and environmental management plans.
- Bachelor’s of Science or Engineering in relevant discipline, recognized industry trade qualifications and supervisory training.
- More than (15) years proven experience - Client organizations (EPC).
- Strong material management background in construction and commissioning.
- Management experience working within large GF O&G, LNG projects.
- Proven experience with material specifications, and procedures.
- Demonstrates sound written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all organizational levels.
- Experience with major and first tier EPC Contractors, Sub-contractors and Vendors involved in the oil and gas industry
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 31 Jun 2027, renewable
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Mining, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Babu Harishchandra Jadhav quoting publication number: PUB406610