About this job
- Market: Industry
- Branch: (Petro)Chemical
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Bangalore
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, 24 October 2022
About this role: Geo Steering Specialist
- Full understanding of MWD(Measurement While Drilling)/LWD(Logging While Drilling) data acquisition in horizontal wells;
- Full understanding of LWD Logging While Drilling) Gamma Ray, Resistivity, Density/Neutron, formation pressure testing tools;
- Understanding of azimuthal ultra-deep resistivity imaging tools as a geo-steering methodology;
- Excellent 3-dimensional drilling experience – understanding depth uncertainties in seismic, MWD EOUs (Ellipse of Uncertainty), lateral uncertainties affecting the EOD (Environment of deposition), etc;
- Ability to communicate among multiple platforms, including zoom chats, zoom meetings, MS Teams, Email, etc;
- Able to work effectively with rapidly shifting deadlines and priorities;
- Effective communication skills in English;
- Willingness to travel internationally, including offshore.
- Master’s in Science in Geology/ Geoscience from a recognized university with minimum 7 CGPA;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Well planning, oil, gas subsurface – geoscience domain and Geo-steering or a related industry or academic discipline;
- Strong Petrel skills utilizing 2D, 3D, Interpretation, and well section windows interchangeably and ability to display and interpret multiple data sets;
- Well correlation expertise including picking key stratigraphic tops real time in petrel;
- Strong understanding of and ability to integrate multiple different 3D seismic depth data, including different angle stacks, inversion stacks, and phase data sets, etc;
- Have the ability to recognize seismic artifacts above and below the target reservoir that may be affecting reservoir structure/geometry;
- Manual loading of datasets into Petrel (including surveys, SEGYs (Society of Exploration Geophysics-Y format);
- Have familiarity with deep-water operations, well designer tool and ability to make well path scenarios ahead of the bit for forward directional planning.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 40 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
We have an urgent opening for Geo Streeing Specialist for our client a leading oil & gas company to join their growing team. This would be Direct Payroll and the job location would be Bangalore.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Monisha Vimala is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy India Mumbai