About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Mining
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Tuesday, 25 July 2023
About this role: General Manager
Brunel is an industry leader when it comes to delivering successful results for our client base across the Construction, Rail, Infrastructure, Mining, Power and Oil & Gas industries.
Are you a seasoned leader with a passion for driving operational excellence and growth in the civil engineering industry? We are currently seeking a highly experienced and dynamic General Manager to join our tier three civils company based in Perth. This is an exceptional opportunity to make a significant impact and shape the future of our organization.
Our client a well-established and reputable tier three civils company, specializing in delivering high-quality infrastructure projects throughout WA and the East Coast. With a strong commitment to safety, innovation, and client satisfaction, they have built a solid reputation in the industry. As they continue to expand their operations and take on new challenges, they are looking for an exceptional individual to lead the team to even greater heights.
Role and Responsibilities:
As the General Manager, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing the day-to-day operations, strategic planning and business development activities of the company.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Leadership: Inspire and motivate a diverse team of professionals, providing clear direction and fostering a culture of collaboration, accountability and continuous improvement.
- Operations Management: Ensure efficient and effective project execution by implementing robust processes, optimizing resource allocation and monitoring performance against key metrics.
- Strategic Planning: Develop and execute long-term business strategies, identify growth opportunities and and driving the expansion of the companies footprint in the market.
- Client Relationship Management: Nurture strong relationships with existing clients, cultivate new business opportunities and represent the company in meetings, conferences and industry events.
- Financial Management: Oversee budgeting, financial forecasting and cost control initiatives to maximize profitability and ensure the company's financial health.
- Safety & Compliance: Uphold the highest standards of health and safety ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and fostering a culture of safety throughout the company.
To thrive in this unique role, you should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Experience: A minimum of 10 years' experience in the civil engineering industry, with at least five years in a project or senior management position or proven GM experience within a Manufacturing background would also be of interest.
- Technical knowledge: A solid understanding of civil engineering principles, project management methodologies and relevant industry regulations.
- Leadership Abilities: A Proven track record in leading and developing high-performing teams, driving operational excellence and achieving strategic objectives.
- Business Acumen: Strong business and financial acumen with a demonstrated ability to make sound decisions that drive growth and profitability.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively engage and clients, stakeholders and team members at all levels.
- Qualifications: A bachelors degree in Civil Engineering or a related field is highly desirable but relevant industry experience will also be considered.
This company offers a competitive salary package, mentorship from the senior management team and fantastic staff retention.
Please note all applications will be treated with the utmost confidence and due to the high number of applications received only successful candidates will be contacted.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Keisha Hunter is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth