About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Renewable Energy
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Houston
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, 4 June 2023
About this role: FP&A Analyst
Brunel Energy is working with a major energy company, looking to hire a FP&A Analyst to support business from their Houston, TX office for a 4 to 5-month contract.
This position will need to provide timely and accurate financial analysis and report for the business unit.
- Collects, analyzes and forecasts accounting, financial and/or cost information.
- Track actual results against plan/budget and develops explanations on variances including working capital.
- Provide accurate reporting of financial data which complies with the company's financial standards.
- Develop sustainable internal reporting tools, and maintain existing reports and database.
- Demonstrate ability to identify problems and make recommendations for resolution.
- Support operations management and other departments with financial statement analysis and other inquires.
- Assist in the development of financial plans, forecast, and budgets for the business.
- Extract and analyze large data sets from various sources for use in reporting, and ad hoc analysis.
- Prepare month end reporting packages, and researches manager’s questions.
- Develop standard excel and power point templates for use in financial reviews.
- Perform ad hoc analysis on various business critical issues.
- Publish and distribute weekly/monthly performance reports to organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with at least four years of experience. CPA or MBA a plus.
- Good understanding of Accounting and Financial theory and principles.
- Experience working with general accounting procedures and internal controls is preferred.
- Ability to take complex items and communicate them in simple terms.
- Financial statement review, consolidations, and variance analysis experience desirable.
- Advanced personal computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word) and experience in an MRP environment, such as SAP.
- Hyperion experience desirable.
- Must be authorized to work in the US in a fulltime basis
Why work through Brunel? We start with competitive rates, a comprehensive benefits package and a safe on-boarding process. With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we are supporting projects and clients worldwide. With Brunel you gain experience and expertise, building on your skills and developing your career further.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Eliza Silva is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston