About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Queensland
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Courses
- Closing date: Saturday, 29 April 2023
About this role: Finance Advisor
Brunel Australasia are partnering with one of worlds premier petroleum and petrochemical companies to source a Finance Advisor for a Brisbane based role
The Finance Advisor will serve as the face of Finance for opportunities or challenges prioritised based on value and risk.
They are responsible for the delivery of Finance capability required to support a set of clearly defined business outcomes across multiple activities/assets.
The Finance Advisor will for a variety of activities/opportunities assigned to them by the Finance Manager based on Value/Risk (e.g. control frameworks concerns, performance management system issues, large investments, complex contracts) depending on the requirements, of the specific activity:
- Deliver the full suite of Finance support (including tax, treasury, accounting and structuring) autonomously and coordinate the involvement of CoEs above pre-agreed thresholds.
- Independently ensure that a proper functioning control framework is in place and that risks are properly understood, reflected and managed.
- Independently ensure value and risks are made transparent and understood in both decision making and in performance management.
- Ensure a fit for purpose performance management system is in place.
- In activities where FO and Business act together to deliver, lead/initiate structural improvement projects and leaves the accountability for delivery with the accountable people (the Finance Advisor is explicitly not acting as an ad hoc fixer to mitigate process performance issues).
- Brings new proposals of high value activities to the Pool Manager who decides on the resource allocation. For example (in initiating digitalisation projects and acting as a connector between FO and the business).
- Actively look for opportunities to reduce non value adding Finance activity (“demand management”).
- Maximise use of Finance Operations in delivery of processes.
- Work on various opportunities across multiple activities/assets and are not dedicated to a specific activity, asset or business partner. The work they perform will change over time and be prioritised based on value and risk, and professional development.
- Will on specific projects/transactions work with business stakeholders to work as the voice of Finance to deliver as “One Finance” with the (CoE) and Finance Operations.
- Acts across organisational boundaries as required in the specific activity (e.g. across Finance for an opportunity across all DS CoBs).
The successful candidate will demonstrate
- Expertise across the spectrum of Finance competences.
- Ability to gain the confidence of various internal and external parties building on strong knowledge and understanding of the business drivers, value and risk.
- Maturity and authority to decide when to involve CoEs and effectively play the independent Finance role.
- Problem solving mindset with the courage to ensure professional financial rigor is applied to commercial decision-making process and risk management bringing analytics and insights to the table.
- Project management skills and flexibility given the support across multiple activities/assets.
- Ability to rapidly understand the specific business or function context for which activities in the pool concept are linked to.
- Monday - Friday Brisbane CBD based role
- $750 per day including super
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Darren Leavey is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane