About this job
- Market: Life Sciences & Health Care
- Branch: Medical devices
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Ontario
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Secondary School
- Closing date: Sunday, 16 April 2023
About this role: Field Service Technician - NB
We are currently hiring a Field Service Technician for our client. The Field Service Technician acts as the face of the company while ensuring top-notch service for customers. In this field-based, customer-facing role, you will travel to hospitals, laboratories, surgical facilities, and other customer locations to maintain, troubleshoot, service, and provide calibration and installation support for steam sterilizers, washer/disinfectors, surgical equipment such as tables & lights, and other products as needed. In addition, you will be responsible for building positive relationships with customers and colleagues, as well as completing necessary administrative tasks.
- Drive Customer satisfaction through pro-active communication and commitment to resolving Customer’s issues/problems
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance required on product lines in a safe and efficient manner. This includes disassembling, replacing, or repairing defective parts; rewiring or reassembling as required; troubleshooting, adjusting/calibrating, and certifying equipment ready for use by using standard and specialized tools and test equipment (i.e., schematics, diagrams, technical manuals, etc.)
- Troubleshoot, repair, modify, overhaul, or refurbish standard and special purpose equipment and systems components
- Ensure a positive Customer experience by providing timely PM performance, service calls, warranty calls, field upgrade programs, perform installations as required, etc.
- Establish and maintain effective, communicative relationships with Customers, managers, support functions and the sales organization
- Promote company growth through identifying sales opportunities and recommending products/services to Customers
- Communicate promptly and efficiently with Customers providing informative status updates
- Be a positive ambassador for the company at Customer sites
- This position may be elevated to a Field Service Technician II role for candidates that possess an appropriate level of relevant experience as determined by the company
- High school diploma or GED with 2+ years of relevant experience required
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel locally as required
- Strong technical, organizational, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with navigating a computer and exposure to Microsoft Office programs
- Comfortable working independently without supervision
- Flexibility to handle multiple, changing priorities
- Willingness to work in a hospital setting that may include visibility to emergency trauma
- Physical working requirements include: Routine movement such as walking, bending, kneeling, squatting, sitting, standing, reaching, twisting, pushing, pulling and grasping
- Performing work from floor level to above shoulder height. This may include the use of ladders and/or scaffolds
- Routinely lifting, lowering and carrying 1 to 35 pounds, as well as occasionally lifting and lowering 36 to 49 pounds
- Walking and standing for extended periods of time
- Working in confined spaces and under variable temperatures
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Angelina Brathwaite is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto