About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Iraq
What is required?
- hours per week: 48
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, 9 June 2023
About this role: Field Engineering Supervisor
- The Field Engineering Supervisor is accountable for the review and approval of the final design provided by the EPC Contractor. This team will assist in administering and monitoring the EPC contractor during the engineering phase and providing technical support to field engineering;
- The Field Engineering Supervisor provides guidance, coordination and monitoring of the compliance of the engineering design with project specifications, industry standards and the scope of work, including the procurement of equipment and materials;
- Works with Project Engineering Manager on all engineering related aspects to ensure on time and cost-effective project execution;
- Ensure quality of engineering and design services and deliverables of both direct and subcontracted work complying with contract and government requirements and support the overall project schedule;
- Provides leadership in review and approval of project issues such as design assumptions, heat & material balance, equipment and material selection, operation & maintenance and compliance with design standards and environmental regulations;
- Attend and participate in all projects key meetings organized by Project Engineering Manager. Conduct technical coordination meetings with relevant parties;
- Develops and Reviews design concepts, drawings, schedules, specifications, and permits to ensure compliance with project requirements. Make proper decision for EPC Contractor not to stop and/or hold the project construction activities;
- Works with project engineers to review engineering plans for plant constructability, operability and maintainability;
- Develops and coordinates required vendor shop inspections;
- Reviews and provides input on contractor payments and change order requests;
- Provides technical support to field engineering;
- Collaborates with start-up engineers to facilitate start-up of the project and ensures efficient turnover of plant to operations and maintenance staff;
- Coordinates review of project engineering activities with the operations and maintenance staff.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering. Advanced engineering or business degree and Professional Engineer license required;
- 15-20 years energy industry experience with extensive experience in a leadership role in major energy related engineering projects as well as extensive experience in engineering management as Deputy or Engineering Manager on Upstream Oil Field Project;
- Strong knowledge of upstream oil and gas design and operations;
- Demonstrated project management skills;
- Frequent Travel to Iraq is deemed mandatory for the role.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Mohammad Shujat Qureshi is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Mohammad Shujat Qureshi
Brunel Energy India Mumbai