About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Calgary
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, 21 October 2022
About this role: Environmental Technical Specialist
We are currently hiring Senior Environmental Technical Specialist for our client, an environmental services company. The technical specialist will be accountable for working in consultation with Reclamation, Remediation and Risk Management (RRRM) group. This is a full-time permanent position located in remote anywhere in Alberta, Canada with occasional site travel.
- Provide Senior Technical review on regulatory and environmental monitoring and closure reports
- Technical lead on remediation
- Review technical reports
- Develop environmental plans
- Some field responsibilities such as site visits and providing guidance to field personnel
- Participation in company and client-specific health and safety programs
- You will be supported by the entire organization which consists of a dynamic team of Professional Engineers, Geologists, Biologists, Chemists and Agrologists, technical administrators, business development and health and safety professionals, and an in-house IT department.
- 10+ years environmental experience in oil and gas
- The ability to sign off on work required for reclamation certificate applications as defined by the Alberta Energy Regulator (e.g. Alberta Institute of Agrologists, Associate of Professional Engineers Alberta)
- The ability to sign off on Acknowledgement of Reclamation work as defined by the Saskatchewan Government is considered an asset
- Experience in risk assessment and guideline modification
- Experience in land reclamation planning and projects
- Strong technical writing and reviewing skills
- Hydrology, erosion and sediment control experience are considered an asset
- Collaboration, consensus building and fostering a team dynamic
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Gultchan Chevket is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto