Vacancy number • PUB406605
Brunel has an exciting job opportunity for an Engineering Manager for our client’s mine site located in South Texas.
About this role
The Engineering Manager is responsible for the engineering, geology, and surveying departments on an active mine site. This is a hands-on, leader position. This position is responsible for short-and long-range planning, assisting with budgets, AOP, cost saving studies, directs capital equipment expenditure programs, and directs the Engineering Department.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, SurvCadd, Excel, GPS, Vulcan, AutoCAD, etc.
- Working knowledge of financial and accounting principals
- Detailed oriented – numerous projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility – plans and priorities change quickly.
- Trustworthy – work on projects that are not for public knowledge, confidential employee issues.
- Leadership – direct multiple individuals directly reporting to the engineering manager.
- Training – Develop others as needed in that the department is cross-trained by job function and receives technical training, as required.
- Approachable – ensure employees feel comfortable bringing ideas to this position.
- Ability to manage both up and down the organization.
- Develop positive relationships with the client.
Education and Training:
- Engineering degree in Mining, Civil, Geology or related field.
- Advanced Engineering degree or MBA preferred.
- 10+ years’ mining experience, preferably in coal employing dragline operations.
- A Professional Engineering License preferred.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer without sponsorship.
401K matching, benefits, company truck and relocation assistance if required.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Mining, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Cindy King quoting publication number: PUB406605