About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Mining
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: .
What is required?
- hours per week: 1
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Saturday, 9 December 2023
About this role: Engineering Lead
"Unleash Your Engineering Genius: Join the 8th Largest Aluminum Producer"
Ensuring the definition of the scope and delivering the “concept to completion” engineering design deliverables for allocated projects. Including:
- Define and/or challenge the project solution and engineering scope to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Manage delivery of engineering design deliverables, primarily through third parties
- Ensure engineering design quality by getting it right the first time internally and from external providers – Tollgates and standards
- Eliminate the excess scope items or engineering design deliverables required to meet the project & post project objectives
- Standardise and maximise the re-usability of engineering design
- Manage engineering design contracts to ensure delivery to agreed schedule and budget
- Maximise the value from the Engineering Service Providers (ESPs) by proactive monitoring of performance and reducing variations.
- Participate in the definition of the strategy for engaging ESPs.
- Correct application of standards.
- Look for opportunities to reduce costs that assists in higher business value.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil, Structural, Electrical or Mechanical) Degree.
- Project management and/or contract/commercial management exposure or certifications favorable.
- 10+ years’ experience in an engineering or technical field
- 5+ years Engineering Design and Design management experience.
- Experience in the alumina, mineral processing or heavy industry.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
Unlock Your Career Potential: 12-Month Contract, with Exciting Possibilities for Extension
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel CommunityBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sneha Poranki is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth