About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: United Kingdom
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, 28 October 2022
About this role: Engineering Lead - SWP
Engineering Lead for O&G operator on new greenfield project.
Reporting to Department Head of Engineering & Quality.
Position is expected to start in London area, before relocating to the engineering contractor offices (tbc).
- Oversee the engineering scope for the SWP and delivery of a design that is compliant with the project requirements and objectives.
- Ensure timely delivery of SWP engineering deliverables by the EPC Contractor to align with the construction and overall project schedule
- Successful endorsement of the SWP design by the IVB and acceptance by the relevant Regulatory Authorities
- Transfer of a safe and operable facility to Operations with the required documentation
- Flawless start-up of the facilities
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIESThe principal responsibilities of the SWP Engineering Lead are:
- Consults with the HoD and Delivery Manager on key engineering issues, and in particular significant non-compliance with specifications, standards or applicable regulations.
- Maintains a holistic view of risks across delivery area to ensure that issues are fully resolved.
- Owns their delivery area of the Project risk register/matrix and actively maintains it throughout the project (all disciplines) for major engineering risks and opportunities.
- Ensures that risks are managed, mitigated and mitigations captured in engineering deliverables (e.g. documents, drawings, purchase orders).
Delivery of Engineering
- Commence, monitor and supervise the EPC Contractor performance and work delivery and ensure that systematic design assurance processes are implemented and that all contractors are compliant with the company coordination procedures applicable to their scope
- Managing technical matters within their project scope team
- The monitoring, supervision and co-ordination of the EPC engineering in accordance with all statutory requirements and applicable engineering standards
- Ensures that Design Philosophies, Functional Specifications (FS), Basis of Design (BoD) and other design statements are developed and verified as being consistent with project requirements and objectives.
- Ensures that the project engineering management plans are complied with.
- Ensures compliance with project information management and data requirements
- Reviews and endorses Contractor design deliverables.
- Liaises with Delivery Manager and HoD on key engineering issues.
- Approves responses to Technical Queries and actions assigned to their project scope team in a timely manner
- Interface with other engineering leads across the wider PT
- Manages consistent delivery against applicable standards and raises any deviation requests via the Lead Discipline Engineers to the HoD.
- Verifies that applicable standards are being implemented and deviations are sought/approved in a timely manner.
- Ensures that the appropriate regulations and industry standards and, if applicable, local standards are adhered to.
- Implements the MoC procedure to handle:o Changes during design, construction, commissioning and installation.o Changes to key technical/engineering posts and/or organisation structure.
- Verifies that the project is following the technical assurance requirements contained within the contract. e.g. technical reviews, HAZOP, LOPA, etc.
- Ensure documented close out of all actions related to technical reviews, HAZOP, LOPA, etc.
- Ensures the paperwork for any deviations to applicable standards is completed and presented to the HoD.
- Assures the adequacy of their engineering organisation to discharge the requirements of the delivery line scope.
- Leads and directs the contractors providing engineering or other technical services (e.g. verification) to the project. This includes monitoring their performance and ensuring that corrective action is taken to ensure compliance with agreed standards and objectives.
- Verifies that processes for determining engineering competence of personnel, contractors, consultants and vendors are in place and adequate for the particular scope and nature of the project.
- Reviews objectives and verifies that the appropriate personnel are involved in the relevant reviews and at the correct time in the project cycle/stages
- Learning and Continuous Improvement
- Ensures that the engineering delivery team accesses and uses relevant lessons learned throughout the Execute phase.
- Ensures that lessons learned are captured for future projects
Transition to Operations
- Ensures that relevant engineering documentation (e.g. ‘as built’ drawings), vendor data mechanical completion and commissioning systems are complete and handed over when required in accordance with the information handover specification.
- Ensures that operation, maintenance and sparing philosophies are prepared, agreed and handed over to Operations prior to start-up.
- Ensures that documentation from hazard evaluations, protective systems design and other critical/relevant reviews are handed over to operations
- Maintains an overview of the Project technical document distribution, storage and retrieval processes and ensures the compilation and accuracy of data/documentation
- University Degree in an Engineering discipline (essential)
- Chartered Engineer by recognised industry body (desirable)
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- 15 + years relevant experience in Oil & Gas
- Extensive Offshore Gas Platform Experience, preferable of which some is "Normally Unattended Installations"
- Extensive recent Mega Project experience
- Proficient in engineering management and processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- High level of communication skills in both written and spoken format
- Passion for engineering management
- Excellent planner and organiser
- Analytical, problem solver and systematic thinker
- Team worker
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Integrity and trustworthy
- Empowers others to make decision within established parameters
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Matthew Duane is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester