Vacancy number • PUB406648
Brunel Australasia is partnering with a global smart infrastructure client who are searching for an Electrical Technician with extensive experience with switchgear to join their team in Melbourne this role will focus on data center projects.
About this role
In the Electrical Technician role you will be conducting installations and supporting with commissioning. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working with LV/MV distribution systems, switchgear, switchboards and an unrestricted electrical license (A grade or equivalent). A valid driver’s license is also required, as travel to various sites for work is required.
- Install missing MCBS, sockets, and other components, ensuring proper connection and functionality.
- Assist in aligning panels and contribute to the wiring of panels.
- Carry out the installation of brackets and lighting fixtures.
- Verify that the clients test scripts, conducted by the General Contractor (GC), are executed accurately.
- Conduct inspections to ensure installations meet the clients standards.
- Provide valuable support to electrical contractors during installation and commissioning processes.
- Extensive experience working with LV/MV Distribution systems.
- Unrestricted Electrical License (A grade or equivalent).
- Valid Driver's License.
- Experience with protection relays testing.
- Previous experience working with Low Voltage, switchgear and switchboards and circuit breakers, including assembly, installation, and testing.
- Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent experience (Highly regarded)
Please note that candidate's must hold full Australian working rights.
- Monday to Friday role
- 12 month contract
- Based in Melbourne
- Opportunity to work with a global client in the smart infrastructure space.
Please note: Only candidates with full Australian working rights will be considered for this role.
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which specialises in connecting highly skilled workers with projects and organisations throughout Australasia and around the world.
Operating locally since 1997, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, NSW, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 45 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Mining, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Darren Leavey quoting publication number: PUB406648