About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Renewable Energy
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: New South Wales
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, 2 July 2023
About this role: Electrical engineer
Brunel is an industry leader when it comes to delivering successful results for our client base across the Construction, Rail, Infrastructure, Mining, Power and Oil & Gas industries.
Our client is a leading national Renewables Contractor. They are now seeking an Electrical Engineer to join their team based in Perth. The company is offering an attractive salary package and long-term career progression across multi sites.
Do you want to FIFO income but on with Normal hours!You will be reporting to the our clients Project Development Director for the APAC region, and will take day to day direction from the Inspection Manager on site at the Kwinana Facility, as well as Project Managers for several facilities throughout South-East Asia requiring technical input. You will be responsible for providing oversight of 3rd party contractors involved in the construction, commissioning and testing of equipment and systems on the facility.
It is ultimately your responsibility to verify that the works are conducted professionally, according to industrial practise, according to local Standards and according to contracts. You will ensure the optimal progression and target completion on the plant installation within time, quality and cost objectives. You will be expected to identify any areas of concern and to liaise with your counterparts to get issues resolved in order to secure commercial operation of the facility.
• Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering • Minimum of 10 years practical and relevant experience
• Able to work in Australia
Furthermore, the ideal candidate is:
• An excellent communicator and problem solver with a targeted focus on producing solutions and has a strong character not afraid to handle opposition when challenges arise.• Proactive and flexible and thrives in an independent job. Your tasks will demand a great ability to keep a sense of perspective, a structured approach to your work as well as the ability to see something through;
• A team player and cooperation with colleagues from other areas of the business comes natural to you;• Comfortable in speaking and writing English at a high professional level. You especially have strong verbal skills, as you will convey and communicate technical information to colleagues, the Client and the EPC contractor.
You will be employed on a permanent basis, initially at the facility location in Kwinana, south of Perth.
This is a Monday to Friday role, 40 hour week with view to site travel down the track as required.
Due to a recent vacancy in the team, the position can start as soon as the right candidate is available.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Please note all applications will be treated with the utmost confidence and due to the high number of applications received; only successful candidates will be contacted.
If you are interested in this opportunity, then click the ‘apply’ button now and please note all applications will be treated with the utmost confidence.
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Matthew Robertson is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia