About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Mining
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Sudbury
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Monday, 10 July 2023
About this role: Electrical Designer
Our client is looking for an Electrical Designer in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada. Under the Design Manager supervision, the Electrical Designer is responsible for designing full medium and low voltage electrical systems for mining mobile drilling equipment, creating electrical schematics & full electrical machine distribution, component selections, support prototype builds, develop and execute design validation plans to meet the performance and cost targets.
- Support service department in resolving field issues.
- Support production with build issues and troubleshooting.
- Create full electrical schematics, harnesses, and panel drawings for mining mobile equipment.
- Create and execute test and validation plans for new product development and production.
- Ensure cross discipline system functionality including coordination with mechanical, hydraulic, aftermarket, purchasing, & manufacturing teams etc.
- Integration of powertrain and 3rd party control system options into the existing machine design
- 2 to 5 years of experience with mobile equipment electrical design.
- Experience with SolidWorks, SolidWorks Electrical, AutoCAD.
- Experience with design and troubleshooting CANbus networks.
- Understanding of ECNs, ECRs, NCRs, RAs, DFMEA and PFMEA.
- Familiar with ISO, ANSI, CSA, and other country specific electrical safety regulations as required.
- Familiar with Engineering ERP system.
- Practical experience with underground mobile equipment considered an asset.
- Experience with BEV design and testing considered an asset.
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining, and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Clemens Snoeijer is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto