About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- hours per week: 60
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, 15 May 2023
About this role: Electrica (E&I) Superintendent
Brunel is a global provider of flexible workforce solutions and
expertise, connecting specialists with clients across the globe. We
deliver innovative services like Recruitment (people, talent, and training),
Logistics (global mobility and travel), Technical Services (project support and
setup) and Consultancy to our clients both globally and locally.
over 12,000+ specialists, 120+ offices worldwide, and close
to €1 billion.
- The position is accountable for overseeing all construction activities that fall under the purview of the EPC, from detailed design and engineering to interface management, construction/pre-commissioning activities at the RLIC Site, to hand-over to the Commissioning and Completion Teams in accordance with the Completion Sequence;
- Successful candidate will report to the Area Construction Manager and will have full control of delegation on all activities on site;
- He will monitor site safe work progress, execution methodology and quality, providing guidance and feedback to the EPC and analysis to the Area Construction Division Manager including daily progress against plan and reporting for progress payment validation;
- The position includes close coordination and interaction with the Area HSE and Quality Heads to ensure a common guidance between Company and EPC;
- Act as the company's representative when the vendor, EPC Contractor, and their subcontractors are on the job site working on any electrical installations. Provide an update on the construction's progress, problem areas, and mitigation measures. Attend meetings connected to construction and participate in them;
- Monitoring site acceptance tests, including commissioning of substation control systems and equipment, including switch gears, transformers, SMDBs, and all substation utilities and protection systems.
Bachelor or Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Good written and verbal communications skills;
- Good supervisory skills;
- Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning of Electrical Substation and Instrument/Electrical Integrated Control System Technical room activities;
- Minimum of (15) years broad experience in all phases of construction planning, field execution and mechanical completion activities for electrical installations;
- Worldwide experience working with contractors and subcontractors, in particular those involved in the construction of Onshore oil, gas, chemical and/or petrochemical plant facilities;
- Middle East (preferably Qatar) 10 years working experience is preferred;
- Undertakes complex tasks and acts as a source of guidance for staff and internal customers. Is expected to handle all but the most complex problems and difficulties that might arise. Takes initiatives, based on experience, to deliver timely and cost effective completion;
- Planning and effective execution of Greenfield Electrical Construction works;
- Sets situations/issues in the context of the entire team and has an appreciation of the wider relationships with other people and organizations;
- Works independently within established procedures, plans and budgets and contributes to the development of these;
- Has autonomy over scheduling and planning of own work; organizes efforts of work group to achieve overall efficiency.
- 10 Hours / 6 Days per week (26 days per month)
- 36 months (until 31 March 2026)
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, May Ann Panganiban Masaga is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
May Ann Panganiban Masaga
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha