About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Drilling, Completions & Geosciences
- Location: Queensland
What is required?
- hours per week: 38
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Thursday, 17 November 2022
About this role: Drilling Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity to join an emerging player for a contract role in Brisbane CBD as a drilling engineer
Seeking an experienced Drilling Engineer, based in the Brisbane area! The role will be working as a contractor for projects in Queensland. The project will be in conventional wells around 3000m+ depth.
- Designs wells (conceptual designs), generates cost estimates.
- Manage the generation of activity proposals. Prepares proposed activities in full compliance with Company procedures, policies and guidelines.
- Ensure all required Assurance tasks are completed in time according to the program
- Monitors and ensure all pre-rig activities for the drilling activities planned
- Input into medium to long term planning and scheduling of personnel, materials, equipment and services required for the proposed well operations.
- Initiates and implements new techniques to improve performance and actively pursues input.
- Bachelor degree in related engineering discipline.
- Drilling engineering/operations with QLD conventional well experience highly desirable
- Exposure to project leadership with understanding of the interaction/dependencies between E&P disciplines (subsurface, surface, drilling and production).
- A proven track record in delivering projects and championing initiatives.
- Holds HSSE as a core value by making HSSE an integral part of work cycle in planning, designing and executing well work.
- Demonstrates enterprise-first behavior with exceptional communication skills.
- Based in Brisbane CBD
- 12 month contract with option to extend
- $800pd Inc Super (guide)
- Monday to Friday roster
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Darren Leavey is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane