About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- hours per week: 54
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Thursday, 5 October 2023
About this role: Drilling Engineer I / Performance
- This position is accountable for the implementation and development of the optimization process and performance improvement of all Drilling Operations.
- He/she will analyze drilling operations performances and develop D&W performance reports. Reference person for the generation of all performance dashboard and department documentation for all relevant stakeholders.
- He/she will propose performance improvements and targets to Drilling Engineering, Drilling Operations and all stakeholders.
- Work as a part of multifaceted Methods Team looking after drilling performance, contractor performance & service quality.
- Reference person for the management, coordination and production of the overall D&W performance process.
- Develop and maintain D&W drilling, well service and well intervention performance metrics, tools and methodologies and in charge of the delivery of the relevant performance reports.
- Reference person for the generation of all performance dashboard and department documentation for all relevant stakeholders.
- Develop communication tool kit (dashboards, flyers and other formats) and promote the sharing of performances and good practices to D&W entity and shareholders.
- Provide support for NCR closeout and failure investigations.
- Propose and launch improvement projects, engineering studies to improve D&W performance.
- Super User of WellView Data Reporting tool. Support D&W WellView specialist in the maintenance, enhancement and improvement of the data reporting tool.
- Ensure follow up for delivering a continuous improvement of drilling operations with the support of a 24/7 Drilling and Well Real Time Support Center.
- Support team spirit stimulate motivation and facilitate knowledge sharing.
- Participate actively in the achievement of the D&W Method department objectives with the intend to improve performance, knowledge sharing, compliance and quality, from manufacturing and engineering until operation and well end-over.
- Participate actively in the achievement of the D&W cost efficiency program.
- Preferably Master’s Degree in Petroleum, Mechanical or relevant engineering.
·10 years’ experience in Drilling Engineering & Workover Operations
- In depth understanding of rig operations, well design and equipment, supply chain.
- Good understanding of Rig data reporting systems and databases;
- Well View Working knowledge of Business Intelligence tools is preferred (Spotfire, Proficiency in MS Office tools is required.
- Good communication & leadership skills.
- Pro-active behavior and being able to motivate others.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal).
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 6 Days
- 31-Dec-2024 with possible extension
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Muhammad Umair Afzal is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Muhammad Umair Afzal
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha