Vacancy number • PUB405945
Brunel is seeking experienced Blast Hole Drillers to work across multiple sites in the Pilbara region. We can offer a 2:1 roster with the possibility of permanency in the future. Your role will ensure safe and efficient production and allow you to work with a values-driven organisational and collaborative high-performing team. This is your opportunity to join a team at one of the leading iron ore producers in Australia.
About this role
- Operate blast hole drilling machinery, including rotary drills and down-the-hole drills.
- Ensure safe drilling operations by following strict safety protocols.
- Survey and mark drilling locations based on project specifications.
- Drill holes to specified depths and diameters according to geological conditions.
- Collect rock samples for analysis and maintain accurate drilling records.
- Perform routine maintenance on drilling equipment and troubleshoot mechanical issues.
- Communicate effectively with team members and report drilling progress.
- Adhere to environmental regulations during drilling operations.
- Stay informed about new drilling technologies and participate in training programs.
- Contribute to the success of mining and construction projects by providing accurate and efficient drilling services.
Skills and experience
- 2+ years of down-the-hole (DTH) drilling experience – downhill hammer experience is a must have for this role
- Experience with one of the following: D65, Cubix, Leopard DI650i, Pantera DP1100i, or equivalent drilling equipment.
- Current National Police Clearance
- Valid Australian driver's license.
- Cert III in Drilling (Desirable)
Our client is one of the leading Iron-Ore producers for Australia. They have a strong set of core values that they uphold in all areas of the company. They appreciate ingenuity, hard work, and enthusiasm from their team and in return, offer:
- 2:1 roster for work-life balance.
- Temporary to Permanent employment opportunities.
- FIFO options from Perth or Busselton
- Brunel Benefits – flexible payroll options, salary packaging, discounted gym & health membership, corporate travel benefits plus more
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which specialises in connecting highly skilled workers with projects and organisations throughout Australasia and around the world. Operating locally since 1997, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 45 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Mining, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Rebecca Daglan quoting publication number: PUB405945