About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: India
What is required?
- hours per week: 50
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, 24 October 2022
About this role: Data Scientist
Position: Data Scientist
Location : Bangalore
Shift : Open for any shift
Data scientists at ExxonMobil combine domain expertise with interdisciplinary data science skills to bring insights to today’s most challenging energy decisions. We are looking to hire candidates to work on challenging data science problems across our oil & gas businesses, including exploration, production, refining, chemicals, retail, and low carbon solutions;
- Apply statistical analysis, pattern recognition, and machine learning – along with domain knowledge and subject-specific models – to solve science, engineering, and commercial problems;
- Contribute to all stages of data modeling and analytics projects, including problem formulation, solution development, and product deployment:;
- Translate business-relevant scientific, engineering, and commercial problems into questions that may be addressed using data science;
- Design experiments and/or run simulations to generate new data in support of analytic studies;
- Retrieve and combine data from databases, data historians, and/or data lakes there is a strong emphasis on programming, particularly using scripting languages;
- Perform exploratory data analysis for quality control and improved understanding;
- Rigorously and reproducibly build, analyze, and compare statistical and/or machine learning models;
- Contextualize the results and synthesize them with existing knowledge and/or domain-specific models;
- Deploy data-analytic products to end-users and/or document data-analytic results in technical reports.
- Experienced data scientist (with minimum 2 years of work experience) with proven track record of solving challenging problems and influencing business partners;
- Master's degree/ PhD degree from a recognized university in one of the following disciplines: Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related disciplines with minimum GPA 7.0 (out of 10.0) and above;
- Experience in Python, MATLAB, or R is required;
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in a collaborative environment is required;
- Previous work experience in the oil and gas industry, energy, or manufacturing is an advantage;
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other data scientists is an advantage;
- Demonstrated ability to accelerate the digital maturity of business partners is an advantage;
- Knowledge of numerical methods for linear algebra and optimization is an advantage;
- Experience in technical software development is an advantage;
- Experience of cloud computing platforms like Azure, AWS and familiarity with MLOPs is an advantage.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel CommunityBrunel India Private Limited, a subsidiary of Brunel Holding Group Company (Brunel Intl. N.V.) a registered company in the Netherlands with over 12,000+ specialists in 100+ offices across 40+ countries. The Energy Division of Brunel Group comprehensively provides manpower services for Oil & Gas (Upstream, Downstream), Renewables, Power, Mining & Resources, Civil Engineering, Automotive, Rail, Life Sciences, Finance, Legal and ICT. Our core services are Contract Hire, Direct Hire, Offshore Recruitment and PayRolling services for major OPCs and EPCs contractors. Today, we've grown into a global service provider with an annual turnover of close to 1 billion and were listed on Euronext Amsterdam NV and included in the Amsterdam Small Cap Index (AScX).
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Shruti Darji is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy India Mumbai