About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- hours per week: 54
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Thursday, 8 June 2023
About this role: Data Governance Analyst
Technical role responsible for Data Governance on COMPANY Data Repositories and Digital Data Platform ensuring data policies and monitoring are in place to improve the overall data and information governance maturity in COMPANY using Informatica Data Governance tools (Axon, EDC, IDQ).
Maintain close alignment with the data governance, data architecture, data security and overall IS strategy.
Continuous collaboration with the various COMPANY business entities to ensure the data governance practices are applied on data repositories (e.g., Data Quality).
Data Management covers (but not limited to) the following main business entities: Reservoir and Geosciences, Field Operations, Drilling and Wells, Logistics, Engineering & Constructions and Major Projects, HR and HSE-Q.
Data is one of the 5 pillars of IS strategy to enable the value of data analytics and digitalization
Al Shaheen field produces petroleum data from different COMPANY entities with large data sets with complex data streams (RGS) and interfaces (drilling and production real-time data)
Technical leadership and strategic direction for the technologies, standards, processes and architectures for data across the enterprise.
Data and Information management along with its associated concepts, policies and standards in COMPANY
Handles all types of data in its structured and unstructured data
Approximately 70 Data Sources
Approximately 120 Server Applications
- Facilitate discussion with data stakeholders on data governance processes and translate those requirements into Informatica Axon workflows;
- Perform EDC resource creation and extraction of core application metadata and profiling metadata, business term association, attribute management, data domains, rules, profiling information and troubleshooting, and performance tuning in EDC;
- Work with stakeholders to identify trusted source, owner and steward for each of the key data;
- Execute standard onboarding of technical and business metadata into the Informatica EDC and Axon, ensuring the population of data lineage and linkage between the technical and business metadata;
- Use data profiling and Informatica EDC/IDQ to discover patterns and tasks that can be automated, and Identify ways to improve data reliability, performance, efficiency and quality;
- Evaluate and recommend innovative solutions to mature COMPANY’s data operations and overall data governance;
- Participate in development and implementation of enterprise metadata standards, guidelines, and processes to ensure quality metadata and support for ongoing data governance;
- Capture data lineage and data flow between systems, defining the transformation that data are subject to while moving between systems in accordance with App and Data IS SMEs;
- Support the definition and implement data governance polices, standards, requirements and measurement as well as setup monitoring for data governance (e.g., data quality);
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with key entities and stakeholders in COMPANY and other parties as needed;
- Support COMPANY to define new requirements, participating in End user meetings to derive and define the business requirement, propose cost effective solutions for data governance and familiarize the team with the requirements, specifications, design targets & techniques to support task performance and delivery;
- Review & Propose industry best tools & technology for ever changing business rules and data set from data governance point of view, Conduct Proof of Concepts (POC) with new tools & technologies to derive convincing benchmarks and deliver value-based solution in Quick time;
- Coordinate between IS Architect and Data Architect to ensure Data governance principles and rules are considered;
- Support definition and maintenance of data and metadata catalogue, dictionaries, business user glossaries on relative tools leverage Oil and Gas standard practices;
- Launch data quality improvement actions linked to prioritized functionalities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Information Management or Computer Science or an engineering/business related equivalent;
- Deep experience in petroleum operations data and good understanding of the related data sources;
- Full understanding of Data Governance concepts (e.g., datalogging, profiling, ownership/stewardship, Data Quality, Data Catalog, etc.);
- Strong technical and analytical skills, as well as hands-on experience with Informatica data governance tools (Axon, IDQ, EDC);
- Deep experience in creating workflows Informatica Axon, implement policies, guidelines, tools, metrics, and standards for managing metadata;
- Experience on integrating Informatica EDC/IDQ with Axon;
- Experience in implementing data quality rules using Informatica DQ;
- Strong hands-• on experience designing, developing, deploying, testing and maintaining Informatica data governance tools;
- Experience in database technologies and techniques (e.g., SQL, NoSQL, Oracle, etc.) ;
- Experience establishing master data and reference data for domain entities using Informatica MDM;
- Able to make quick decisions and solve technical problems to provide an efficient environment for project implementation;
- Awareness of data integration patterns, data modeling and data architecture;
- Ability to work in Agile environment, and to regularly learn and adopt new technology;
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization and work with diverse project teams;
- 5+ years of experience in Data and Information Management/Governance for Oil and Gas Upstream operations is an advantage;
- 5+ years of experience in Data Governance Projects using Informatica tools;
- Fluent English both spoken and written.
Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
9 Hours / 6 Days
12 months with possible extension
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Deepika Mafatlal Jain is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Deepika Mafatlal Jain
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha